The Angry Violent Right

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I disagree. 

Some agree. Some disagree. Some see two sides of the argument. Some think one is maybe a bit more right than the other, but still sees the other point of view.

That's like 4 sides to a simple difference over points of view.

Crazy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I agree but Biden at least is campaigning on $300 million MORE in funding for police.

To me, that doesn't really tell the story.

I would be for more funding for police departments if it is to finance completely reorganizing the training programs and the force.

People say "defund the police".  But, what they really want is going to take a lot of money...which I'm more than willing to spend to fix the problem.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

To me, that doesn't really tell the story.

I would be for more funding for police departments if it is to finance completely reorganizing the training programs and the force.

People say "defund the police".  But, what they really want is going to take a lot of money...which I'm more than willing to spend to fix the problem.

Police budgets have been going up years while many other services are being defunded. So at the very least, we should reallocate some of that money for more training.

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Police budgets have been going up years while many other services are being defunded. So at the very least, we should reallocate some of that money for more training.

No doubt.

The everything needs to be on the table.  If it can be done simply by reallocating current funds...GREAT!!!  But, If it takes more funds, I'm all for funding it.

Long term, I think our police force can do it with less funding.  But, that will mean we need more funding in areas of social services and other activities that have been discussed as a replacement.

• Fire 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No doubt.

The everything needs to be on the table.  If it can be done simply by reallocating current funds...GREAT!!!  But, If it takes more funds, I'm all for funding it.

Long term, I think our police force can do it with less funding.  But, that will mean we need more funding in areas of social services and other activities that have been discussed as a replacement.

Completely agree.