The Angry Violent Right

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm just saying, you don't see a lot of black folks taking their guns to the capitol within spitting distance of a bunch of police... I wonder why?

Black kids have been shot by police for carrying airsoft guns, but these clowns can bring actual weapons to the state house without consequence. 

• Plus1 4

14 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Black kids have been shot by police for carrying airsoft guns, but these clowns can bring actual weapons to the state house without consequence. 

Kinda puts the "JUST RESPECT AUTHORITY" crowd to shame, doesn't it? I don't know how they can reconcile what happens to those kids with what happens to these a$$h@!es who, ironically, are explicitly protesting authority.

3 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Best of luck with your move. Be careful up there.

Thanks, appreciate it!

6 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Good lord, this stuff has me a bit nervous about moving to Michigan shortly.

Don't be nervous. There's crazies everywhere. The mitten is a microcosm of America. There's great wealth and great poverty; crusaders and conmen; agriculture and industry; trashy rundown urban settings, beautiful cities, and great outdoors. If you can stand the weather you'll find something for you.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

It's truly astonishing that there are people in this country who think storming a state building with guns is going to accomplish anything.

Obvious PR stunt aside, I'm sure there were plebs in that group who thought they were going to enact actual change. But by doing what, exactly? Holding a lawmaker at gunpoint? Lynching/hanging an elected official like some of the signs suggested?

Maybe our Space Force could jettison these folks to their own cold corner of Mars.

8 hours ago, commando said:

i posted this in another thread this morning...but it probably belongs here

EW0t7AGX0Ag5SQo?format=jpg&name=small

As detestable as the current events like these are, these cartoons are stupid.

People aren't protesting because they can't go to the nail salon or get their hair done. It's because A) they're losing their livelihoods and ability to provide for their famiilies, and B) they are increasingly nervous of and committed to resist tyranny, unchecked power of the state and a reality stripped of freedoms. Right or wrong in their conclusions, it's nothing close to this characterization.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

People aren't protesting because they can't go to the nail salon or get their hair done. It's because A) they're losing their livelihoods and ability to provide for their famiilies, and B) they are increasingly nervous of and committed to resist tyranny, unchecked power of the state and a reality stripped of freedoms. Right or wrong in their conclusions, it's nothing close to this characterization.

it actually isn't that either.  it's more about a small segment of society that is really wanting to show off their guns, confederate and nazi flags, and signs promoting lynching their mayor.   call them stormtrumpers. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, commando said:

it actually isn't that either.  it's more about a small segment of society that is really wanting to show off their guns, confederate and nazi flags, and signs promoting lynching their mayor.   call them stormtrumpers. 

Bingo.

These weirdos get their rocks off by thinking they are saving the world from a tyranical government and they want to parade around in their combat outfits and show off their guns.  They love it that they think they can just walk into the capital building and threaten law makers.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Landlord said:

I think you're both right.

Clearly there are some good, honest conservatives there who were just worried about their way of life being disrupted and wanting to get back to work and resume normal life.

But you're fooling yourself if you don't think these protests are also an astroturfed movement like the Tea Party with the strings being pulled by pro-Trump forces. There were lots of militia members and hardcores just looking to stir up trouble there. I found the signs about tyranny (particularly the one calling for hanging) pretty absurd and gross.

If this movement was totally organic and wasn't astroturfed, you wouldn't see grifters like Alex Jones or the Proud Boys rolling in from out of town to support them.

• Plus1 2