CFB Coaching Carousel 2018-2019

GSG

G5 school stealing a solid P5 coach, interesting. Houston just more willing to open up the checkbook than West Virginia was? Or maybe he just likes it in Houston? (He was previously their OC.)

1 minute ago, Toe said:

G5 school stealing a solid P5 coach, interesting. Houston just more willing to open up the checkbook than West Virginia was?

IMO either Holgorsen wanted out or it was a mutual split. He won’t be making much more money at Houston this year than he was at WV and he was likely to get a contract renewal either this year or next that would’ve increased his pay.

27 minutes ago, Toe said:

G5 school stealing a solid P5 coach, interesting. Houston just more willing to open up the checkbook than West Virginia was? Or maybe he just likes it in Houston? (He was previously their OC.)

I think its a mixture of both.

I think Dana is more comfortable in Texas, and has a house in Houston.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Houston move up in the coming years to a P5 conference.

Also things werent great with the administration. Losing Will Grier.

Maybe less pressure in Houston(they did however just can a coach after two years so who knows)

41 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think Dana is more comfortable in Texas, and has a house in Houston.

Eh, I could see them joining the Big 12, but five years from now that conference will probably look about like the AAC (or possibly like the AAC + Texas), so it might not matter much.