*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Last year Iowa blew us out in our own stadium.

The second half will be telling. They should try not to get outscored 42-0 in the second half this year.

Our offense needed to stay with them when they had opportunities to score TDs.

Martinez needs to scramble. Every time he avoided pressure, their defenders looked like 1/2 his speed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MichiganDad3 said:

I have not seen JD, and Warner is not quick enough to run those swing passes. Why not put Washington and Ozigbo in the game at the same time? Also, the defense needs to gamble. We cannot have a 4 possession 2nd half and win.

I saw 1 play with both in, Oline left a player alone and Oz was trying to pick up 2 defenders and we lost 2 yards.

Just now, InOmaha said:

The second half will be telling. They should try not to get outscored 42-0 in the second half this year.

Martinez needs to scramble. Every time he avoided pressure, their defenders looked like 1/2 his speed.

Agree with this and @olddominionhusker with Lienharts assessment.  Our O has much more speed.  Use it on O.   Turn Oz and Martinez loose.  Make the DL pay for coming in so fast every play.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

A few AM runs will also slow down the pass rush.

Just now, lo country said:

That'd be great for sure.  Enable us to play more press and man.  I know help is on the way.  O has improved a lot in a short period.  D will improve.  Just take longer.

I think the D will be greatly improved next season.

Frost could only flip the roster so much after being hired in December.....and he flipped it a lot as is.

Mostly offense to begin with.

We are bringing in tall, athletic guys for the secondary and the edge.

Think Randy Gregory and Grant Wistrom body types.