2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Are these kids even sure their universities have Israeli "investments"?

Who knows - but a lot of these would be big funds that invest in loads of things, and are not specifically investing in Israel... stuff.

The idea of investing in things that you only 100% believe in and that 100% do everything right is very nice and very noble but for the most part is not realistic.

I think those students know that they are just using it as their rally cry right now, which I get, they have no other leg to stand on.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Going to college graduation next week for #2.  Done in 3 years, no debt, worked his full time finance job (salary, 401k, benefits, etc) his entire third year.  So thankful I’m experiencing this vs the above.  And yes, I do think the parenting aspect plays a big part early on, then it’s up to the kid at some point. 

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Going to college graduation next week for #2.  Done in 3 years, no debt, worked his full time finance job (salary, 401k, benefits, etc) his entire third year.  So thankful I’m experiencing this vs the above.  And yes, I do think the parenting aspect plays a big part early on, then it’s up to the kid at some point. 

She actually seemed very sincere and honest about it all, which I respect.  I think she is more just upset and sad...not so much angry with the suspension.  

I was going to post the other day that a lot of these protesters are probably 2020 HS grads, Covid grads...What we (they) did to those kids was criminal.  I think we are seeing and will see some long lasting effects from that school shutdown.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Congrats!!  I believe at first, it’s parenting actively teaching them. Then, it’s parents being good role models. Even then, kids can go astray, but at least you gave them the best chance. 

So, you done good. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Congrats!!  I believe at first, it’s parenting actively teaching them. Then, it’s parents being hood role models. Even then, kids can go astray, but at least you gave them the best chance. 

So, you done good. 

See, I think that ends up hurting kids.  Hahaha

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Congrats!!  I believe at first, it’s parenting actively teaching them. Then, it’s parents being good role models. Even then, kids can go astray, but at least you gave them the best chance. 

So, you done good. 

Thanks, and I whole heartedly agree with your parenting philosophy.  I wish more parents did too.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

She actually seemed very sincere and honest about it all, which I respect.  I think she is more just upset and sad...not so much angry with the suspension.  

I was going to post the other day that a lot of these protesters are probably 2020 HS grads, Covid grads...What we (they) did to those kids was criminal.  I think we are seeing and will see some long lasting effects from that school shutdown.  

This is such a cop out!

Arizona schools were open in fall of 2020, along with most others.  They had an extra couple months of summer.   Seniors in 2020 were most likely in senioritis mode anyway by spring break.

Quit giving kids excuses for being dumb!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is such a cop out!

Arizona schools were open in fall of 2020, along with most others.  They had an extra couple months of summer.   Seniors in 2020 were most likely in senioritis mode anyway by spring break.

Quit giving kids excuses for being dumb!

I guess I don't really see it as an excuse but just a reason.  Those seniors were beyond coddled because of covid.  

Passing kids left and right, giving grades that none of them really deserved, everyone got into college that year

That Betts kid from Bell West was not even going to graduate HS let alone get into college but "covid" changed that.  It was not really the kids fault it was the idiot adults. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/05/pro-palestinian-protests-columbia-university-funding-donors-00156135

Is politico on the right or left?

I have been asking were the funding is coming from for these protests. If this was Fox I would expect this answer. If politico is on the left, I guess they are saying these protests are counter productive to Biden's reelection, so why are his backers funding them? 

"President Joe Biden has been dogged for months by pro-Palestinian protesters calling him “Genocide Joe” — but some of the groups behind the demonstrations receive financial backing from philanthropists pushing hard for his reelection.

The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis."

• Plus1 2
  • Worth a Look 1
11 hours ago, nic said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/05/pro-palestinian-protests-columbia-university-funding-donors-00156135

Is politico on the right or left?

I have been asking were the funding is coming from for these protests. If this was Fox I would expect this answer. If politico is on the left, I guess they are saying these protests are counter productive to Biden's reelection, so why are his backers funding them? 

"President Joe Biden has been dogged for months by pro-Palestinian protesters calling him “Genocide Joe” — but some of the groups behind the demonstrations receive financial backing from philanthropists pushing hard for his reelection.

The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis."

@Danny Bateman

• Plus1 1