Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

13 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I just think that makes them soft.  In my day if you wanted to take a nap you pulled two chairs together or you slept on the concrete in a hallway.  

According to the video and article I read, each player gets a whole station area there where they can study their film and homework assignments.  Thus, I don't think any Top 10 program like LSU is looking to create an area in the locker room to make the player "soft".  That's just a bit of a jab that isn't really fair.  We all thought it was really cool when Suh added upgrades to the locker room to make our players "soft", right?

• Plus1 2

The more they can keep players there...the easier it is to monitor and "cover up"

They can't "live" there unless it is an option for regular students as well...so before you know it there will be regular students that live there as well...Kentucky (I think) did it with basketball.

The "regular" students will just happen to be team managers and stuff like that...

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

According to the video and article I read, each player gets a whole station area there where they can study their film and homework assignments.  Thus, I don't think any Top 10 program like LSU is looking to create an area in the locker room to make the player "soft".  That's just a bit of a jab that isn't really fair.  We all thought it was really cool when Suh added upgrades to the locker room to make our players "soft", right?

Wood lockers with iPads?  I don't know if i thought that was really cool.  

40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The new football facility should have a VR room. Someone tell them. 

In fact, with the helmet cameras they can do VR film study, not just games. 

UNMC is on the cutting edge of VR in education with their new IEXCEL facility.  UNL could create a undergrad program based around building the technology to do VR and give undergrads hands on experience in the field by helping the football program put their VR needs together.  Would be really interesting, I bet that kind of program could attract some really talented students interested in tech.

55 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Rode that slide this summer; it's not 10 stories and it was lame.  But the City Museum was an awesome place overall!

You may not have gone to the tall one. There are 2 spiral slides in that room. One of them is 5 stories tall and the other is 10 stories. The building is 10 stories high and the tall one starts right near the roof. They’re slow, ya. But still cool because the room is cool. 

Anyway, yes it is. 

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

You may not have gone to the tall one. There are 2 spiral slides in that room. One of them is 5 stories tall and the other is 10 stories. The building is 10 stories high and the tall one starts right near the roof. They’re slow, ya. But still cool because the room is cool. 

Anyway, yes it is. 

I learned something this morning, and I’m kind of pissed!

We were just there a few weeks ago and worked our way to the roof with the kids to do the 10 story slide back down to call it a day.  We found the shaft that said 7-story slide one way, and 5-story the other.  We asked a girl working where the 10-story slide was.  She said “right here” and pointed to the 7 story sign.  

My wife and I gave her a confused look and the girl explained that she gets asked a lot why they call it a 10 story slide so she asked her boss.  Her boss explained that the original chute was 10 stories, but they don’t have access to the very top.

Long story, short.  I went to the Google this morning to prove I was right.  Found out there are 3 slides.  A 5-story, 7-story, and a 10 story.  Pretty sure that girl straight lied to our faces....bummer!

11 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wood lockers with iPads?  I don't know if i thought that was really cool.  

What is "cool" to one person may not be "cool" to another.  True.  I'm not in this debate.  The players at LSU seemed to be excited with the improvement.  Good for them.

The point I made was that it won't make them "soft".

It was a nice redirect and try to draw the attention from the "soft" comment.  :-)

I will watch with anticipation your review of our upgraded facilities to make our team soft.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I learned something this morning, and I’m kind of pissed!

We were just there a few weeks ago and worked our way to the roof with the kids to do the 10 story slide back down to call it a day.  We found the shaft that said 7-story slide one way, and 5-story the other.  We asked a girl working where the 10-story slide was.  She said “right here” and pointed to the 7 story sign.  

My wife and I gave her a confused look and the girl explained that she gets asked a lot why they call it a 10 story slide so she asked her boss.  Her boss explained that the original chute was 10 stories, but they don’t have access to the very top.

Long story, short.  I went to the Google this morning to prove I was right.  Found out there are 3 slides.  A 5-story, 7-story, and a 10 story.  Pretty sure that girl straight lied to our faces....bummer!

I looked too and was a little confused at seeing 3 since I only know of the 2...

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

What is "cool" to one person may not be "cool" to another.  True.  I'm not in this debate.  The players at LSU seemed to be excited with the improvement.  Good for them.

The point I made was that it won't make them "soft".

It was a nice redirect and try to draw the attention from the "soft" comment.  :-)

I will watch with anticipation your review of our upgraded facilities to make our team soft.

It was a joke anyway.  I would have slept better on one of those bed things and would have had more energy for practice/workouts or whatever.  I think it may be a little overhyped how much the kids really care about the lockeroom