NFL 2019

Mavric

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I just don't get all of that. Isn't Luck helping the Colts if he isn't in it mentally and worn down physically?

I think it's mostly about the timing. The fans have built up their hope for this season and now it's not likely to go well.

He probably could have decided a little earlier, but the hate and negativity is still completely uncalled for. It's his body and his life. Good for him making what had to be an extremely difficult decision.

38 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think it's mostly about the timing. The fans have built up their hope for this season and now it's not likely to go well.

He probably could have decided a little earlier, but the hate and negativity is still completely uncalled for. It's his body and his life. Good for him making what had to be an extremely difficult decision.

Could he have though? He tried to get himself ready for the season for the fans and teammates and he wasn't able to do it. What is he supposed to do? This is the best option for him and the team 

• Fire 1

To me, stuff like this is always relative, you know? The guy makes tens of millions of dollars to play a game and has become a walking hospital visit during most of his career. He's not a cop, he's not a doctor, he's not a single mother working three jobs, and he has never claimed to be one or pretended to be one. He's not some amazing public servant. He's an NFL quarterback.

I think it's also ironic that if somebody blows out their knee and can't physically play the game anymore, that's OK. But, if someone mentally can't take it anymore, that's somehow a problem. Last I checked, the brain is a part of the human body just like anything else, and sometimes, it breaks down.

• Plus1 1