Maurice Washington Faces Charges

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

You are not a judge, there is no exhibits being submitted into your court of law.  Pretty sure the case hasn't' even been argued in a court of law.  So, please share this evidence you have with the rest of the board that is so absolute that you can 1 up the coaches and pass judgement with your unwavering gavel on a bulletin board for Husker fans?

I've said it before but I'll say it again: the university/coaches are not the same as a court of law. The university can make a decision based on the evidence that they have, which is exactly what they just did with the indefinite suspensions of two players.

But most of my issue with the 1st half suspension is that the university hasn't made a statement to clarify the situation, so now everyone is left to draw their own conclusions. Someone called it ham-fisted, which I agree with.

As for the judgement I'd pass, it depends on what Mo told the university. If he's disputing that he sent the video, then I'm all for letting the investigation play out before passing judgment, but the university needs to come out and say that the facts in the case are disputed and they're waiting for all the evidence before passing judgment. However, if Mo says he sent the video, then the university can and should punish him for that. I think that's worth at least a 6 game suspension and up to dismissal from the university depending on the evidence, so I'd have given Mo a 6 game suspension along with a statement that further punishment was possible depending on if new evidence was discovered. I'm sure others will disagree.

• Plus1 1