Maurice Washington Faces Charges

2 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

There was a post many pages (yet only a few posts) back saying this case got a lot more heated when it was clear that Mills needed help in the position.  I'd say its the best post on the thread because I doubt everyone is as concerned with due process, etc if Mills put 170 yards on the ground.  

@Guy Chamberlin is known for those clever interjections around here.

Still, it's technically all hypothetical. Frost said it was decided on Thursday that Washington would face a half a game suspension. So if he comes in for the beginning of the third quarter but Mills still winds up with 170, the point is moot. 

The response will probably be, "But Washington probably wouldn't have been put into the game if Mills had been dominating." Again...maybe. It's all hypothetical. 

1 hour ago, Frostberg said:

We live in a world where you are guilty until proven innocent.

I agree and its sad. The haters are always the loudest. 

I am sure Frost knew he would take more heat if he played Washington. Was part of the decision because Washington is a talented player (I am sure that played into it) Could it also be part of it is that Frost is standing behind this kid because he knows he is not a bad kid- maybe just made a bad decision. 

So instead of throwing him away and moving on because he is a liability maybe he thinks he can stand behind the kid and help him. At least wait to see what the final verdict is. I hate how so many people want to go with the harshest punishment without even standing trial for what he did. 

The easy thing would be to kick him off the team and throw him to the wolves. I like that Frost is doing what he wants and not what the social media warriors want.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm not going to be wrong because I'm reserving judgment until all the facts are out.

What a crazy world it would be if we all did that.

But hot takes on the forums are so much more important than patience, yanno!!!

The California law is new and very murky, designed to respect victims, but untested and open to interpretation. 

Given that it's a he said, she said, they said story that's already years in the past, I think the "facts" are already out.

So there's a really good chance that the legal judgement won't stop speculation and debate.

But it will force us to move on. 

7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Went back in my DVR and watched it....can confirm that it's real.  #21 from their team said something to him while he was on the ground after the tackle.

He popped back up and flipped the guy off.  It was quick and the camera almost missed it.  But it happened.

Then I'm stunned no one else has picked up on it.  

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The California law is new and very murky, designed to respect victims, but untested and open to interpretation. 

Given that it's a he said, she said, they said story that's already years in the past, I think the "facts" are already out.

So there's a really good chance that the legal judgement won't stop speculation and debate.

Some facts are out, but there is nothing from his version of events yet. We haven't really heard even half the case yet.

18 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Went back in my DVR and watched it....can confirm that it's real.  #21 from their team said something to him while he was on the ground after the tackle.

He popped back up and flipped the guy off.  It was quick and the camera almost missed it.  But it happened.

I'm sure he just complimented him on his hair do.

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Agreed, especially considering the CA prosecutors literally have 2 non-CA attorneys on record admitting that Mo possessed the video.  I don't think hearing "Mo's side" is going help or justify that