Mavric

RB Marvin Scott III

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Marvin Scott III

Hometown: Port Orange, Florida

School: Spruce Creek

Position: Running Back

Height: 5-9

Weight: 200

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Boston College, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Purdue, Utah, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia

Visits: 6/14/19 - Friday Night Lights

Twitter

247 Composite: #738 Overall; #54 RB; .8627; :ThreeStar:

Rivals: :ThreeStar:
247: #47 RB; :ThreeStar:
ESPN: :ThreeStar:

Hudl

Fong alluded to Nebraska possibly being the leader here. 

Communication between the two have ramped up.

He tested extremely well at one of the Opening Camps.

• Plus1 2

44 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Fong alluded to Nebraska possibly being the leader here. 

Communication between the two have ramped up.

He tested extremely well at one of the Opening Camps.

Kids a damn wrecking ball. 5’9 200. His rating should start to rise here after camps.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Kids a damn wrecking ball. 5’9 200. His rating should start to rise here after camps.

Yeah he placed first in the state weightlifting competition. 

Marvin Scott III is exactly what you want at RB.

- Built Low To The Ground

- Tremendous Build

He won the state weightlifting competition so you know his physical development will be good.

-Excellent Vision

Watch his cuts. He makes a lot of guys miss at the line of scrimmage and has a tremendous feel when he gets to the second level.

-Elite in the first 10 yards 

ex. Ameer was elite in the first ten which allowed him to break so many big runs

-Very Good Speed

Look to be in the low 4.6s or high 4.5's. That is plenty with that kind of vision and agility. 

-Immediate Contributor because of physical prowess and pure ability. 

He and Justin Baker (out of Seattle area) are my two favorite RB recruits for this year. 

• Plus1 4

11 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Marvin Scott III is exactly what you want at RB.

- Built Low To The Ground

- Tremendous Build

He won the state weightlifting competition so you know his physical development will be good.

-Excellent Vision

Watch his cuts. He makes a lot of guys miss at the line of scrimmage and has a tremendous feel when he gets to the second level.

-Elite in the first 10 yards 

ex. Ameer was elite in the first ten which allowed him to break so many big runs

-Very Good Speed

Look to be in the low 4.6s or high 4.5's. That is plenty with that kind of vision and agility. 

-Immediate Contributor because of physical prowess and pure ability. 

He and Justin Baker (out of Seattle area) are my two favorite RB recruits for this year. 

Yeah, I would be super happy if Held gets the jump on this kid before he blows up, because he will. 

36 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

That definitely sounds like he wanted an SEC offer. Different vibe from announcing NU offer.  Have to secure a gameday visit to have a chance.

Unless it's at 11 AM...:facepalm:

On 5/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, suh_fan93 said:

What do I think? 

I think someone photoshopped a #4 and a t-shirt neckline onto Mo Barry. LOL

On 6/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, Snowbird said:

Never good when they leave and name you a leader and not commit. 

Like when he said he wanted to commit..? 

Like I said, never good when he names us a leader and doesn’t commit. As there are underlining things going on. 

Grades? We want someone else? Don’t like his size? didn’t like his attitude? Maybe he said he wanted to commit but likes someone else? Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

Grades? We want someone else? Don’t like his size? didn’t like his attitude? Maybe he said he wanted to commit but likes someone else? Who knows. 

Thanks - I wasn’t sure what you were getting at.  Starting to have a complex about kids not wanting to commit for reasons that we wouldn’t be proud of.  :) 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Snowbird said:

Or, maybe his recruiting is just starting to pick up steam and he is getting more attention from some higher tier programs and he wants to have his commitment mean something and only commit once. Not decommit and commit somewhere else. So maybe he left and was telling the truth that Nebraska is his leader but he is not done feeling out the other programs to make sure his commitment is solid before he gives it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Or, maybe his recruiting is just starting to pick up steam and he is getting more attention from some higher tier programs and he wants to have his commitment mean something and only commit once. Not decommit and commit somewhere else. So maybe he left and was telling the truth that Nebraska is his leader but he is not done feeling out the other programs to make sure his commitment is solid before he gives it. 

And maybe our coaches told him the policy is commit and be done, like HCSF has said he tells all of our guys who are about to commit... 

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, Snowbird said:

Never good when they leave and name you a leader and not commit. 

And often not bad.

Actually, a lot of times it’s good. So your statement is just false.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Snowbird said:

I think maybe you should do more research on the recruiting process and how it tends to go before making more posts like this.

• Plus1 4

29 minutes ago, McGuillotine said:

Surprised he isn't #1 on our board with this vertical

Vert.PNG

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, BigRedN said:
57 minutes ago, McGuillotine said:

Surprised he isn't #1 on our board with this vertical

Vert.PNG

Get him in the weight room for a season with Duval, and I bet he can increase that vertical to over 500 easily. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Interesting... with Scott and Morrison are we taking both if they want N? Or is it first come first serve for one of these guys?

With the way we have been recruiting I would say we take both. 

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, jassman24 said:

With the way we have been recruiting I would say we take both. 

That's the plan to take two. Both Scott and Morrison would be nice gets, and would fill specific roles.

Marvin Scott said he is making his decision next weekend in an interview with Greg Smith. He said Nebraska really stood out with the campus and Lincoln and really likes the facilities. He has spoken to all the coaches. I would be totally shocked if we don’t get him. 

• Plus1 4

On 8/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, Pedro G said:

Marvin Scott said he is making his decision next weekend in an interview with Greg Smith. He said Nebraska really stood out with the campus and Lincoln and really likes the facilities. He has spoken to all the coaches. I would be totally shocked if we don’t get him. 

Like Labor day weekend?