*** 2024 Recruiting ***

15 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I don’t think Rhule has had a single class within the top 25 at his prior stops. Anxious to see what he can do with several top 10-15 classes. If he can develop as well as advertised, he could be the savior of Nebraska football. 

Easy on the hype there my friend. It tastes sweet but it'll leave you shaky and jonesing for more!

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If we get Brix and Campbell then I could see us be a top 20 team.  All I care about is us being better then Minnesota which at one time they had a class better then us.

If we add them, that puts our class score at 229.28.  Last year, that would have us ranked at 22nd.  So, it's possible.  But, I think we would need to add more than just them.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm guessing it will end up right around 25.

I think that's a pretty good guess.

On3 has an interesting take on it.  They only use the top so many recruits that apparently changes over time.  Basically trying to account for the fact that teams fill their classes at different rates so it only uses the top X number of recruits that will trend upwards as it gets closer to NSD.

Right now, their rating are based on 12 recruits.  We are 19th on that.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, McGuillotine said:

We are already very close to our total from last years class in the 247 composite scoring and ended up 25 last year. Adding Brix would already put us above last years total team score. I don't see how we don't stay top 25 unless things fall apart.

Not saying they'll be closer to 40th or anything.  Last year we had 28 commits, and this year it sounds like we'll be closer to 25.  Avg rating puts us around 33rd on 247 composite.  Other teams' classes will dilute some as they fill out, but I'd bet on us being around 28th-30th.  Others on this board follow recruiting a lot more closely than I do, but I have definitely wasted many a summer day checking team rankings on Rivals/247 the past 25 years, FWIW.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Mavric said:

Four-Stars according to both the 247 Composite and On3 Industry Rankings:

TE Carter Nelson

S Roger Gradney

CB Mario Buford

WR Dae'vonn Hall

Four-Star per On3:

QB Daniel Kaelin

Four-Star per 247:

WR Jacory Barney

Willis McGahee IV is also a 4 star on 247 as the 25th best linebacker.  7 guys and we could still add more stars.

On 6/30/2023 at 10:02 AM, Mavric said:

Nebraska is currently 6 over the 85 limit. In addition, there are only 8 scholarship seniors on the roster. With a recruiting class of 25 or more, Rhule is going to have to nearly every Frost player left on the roster to make the numbers work by next season.

By my count, 23 current non seniors are going to be off the team by next year. I also doubt many will be current Freshman signed last year in his first recruiting class. 

I personally think it's necessary.

We have 23 juniors on scholarship.  All of those guys would normally be seniors this year if not for the Covid year.  I would guess at least half of those guys are not around next year.

I don’t think we’ve had more than 10 of these 6th year guys in each of 2021, 2022, or 2023.

• TBH 2

I added Sanders, Brix, and Taumua to the 247 Class Calculator.

This puts us at 235.13, which would put us at 18th in 2021, 17th in 2022, and 20th for the 2023 class.

There is a good chance this class end up in the top 20...

If we were to land Caden Durham, we would have 242.62 points.

This would put us at 17th in 2021, 15th in 2022, and 18th for the 2023 class.

There are always decommits though, so the results could vary even if we did land these 3-4.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NsideScoop said:

I added Sanders, Brix, and Taumua to the 247 Class Calculator.

This puts us at 235.13, which would put us at 18th in 2021, 17th in 2022, and 20th for the 2023 class.

There is a good chance this class end up in the top 20...

If we were to land Caden Durham, we would have 242.62 points.

This would put us at 17th in 2021, 15th in 2022, and 18th for the 2023 class.

There are always decommits though, so the results could vary even if we did land these 3-4.

That's true, but this class feels different in the sense that the recruits really like the HC, the staff and the message that is being presented to them so I don't really feel that their will be any decommits.  This recruiting class has a nice mixture of alittle bit of everything from all over the country.