** 2019 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 7) **

17 hours ago, Landlord said:

I wonder where he'd be willing to go if he got hotter. He seems somewhat like a Chris Petersen type where he doesn't really want to leave one region (midwest). Looks like his entire career playing and coaching (maybe his entire life) he's only spent 5 years outside of the Great Lakes midwest region.

He’ll be willing to go wherever they’ll let him adorn their entire campus with his -isms 

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Landlord said:

I wonder where he'd be willing to go if he got hotter. He seems somewhat like a Chris Petersen type where he doesn't really want to leave one region (midwest). Looks like his entire career playing and coaching (maybe his entire life) he's only spent 5 years outside of the Great Lakes midwest region.

PJ Fleck is all about PJ Fleck.  I would be shocked if he turned down a nicer job.  

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

This Husker wanted someone not named Mike Riley.  :) 

Time will tell on Peej, but I’ve always felt Les was a little bit overrated.  You may have dodged a bullet.

What he’s done at KU to this point has been extremely impressive. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brophog said:

What he’s done at KU to this point has been extremely impressive. 

Everything Les Miles did, except on gameday, was impressive at LSU, as well. I want to see the terrible clock management and offensive philosophy he had at LSU fixed before we praise him at KU.

• Thanks 1

Stassen lists them as 5th in all 4 of its currently tabulated preseason magazines.

ESPN’s FPI has them going 8-4 with all but 2 games showing positive odds.

Caesar’s gave them a win total of 7.5. 

I wouldnt call call that a trendy pick. If anything, with their schedule and returning experience they should be more of a pick in such an open division. They have, by far, the easiest schedule in the division.

• Plus1 3

I wagered a borderline uncomfortable amount of money when the Minny TT came out as the schedule is a joke and I love their RB/WR situation.  If it doesn't hit I'm going to be triple pi$$ed...for losing money, and double ticked for betting on PJ Fleck whose schtick drives me bonkers.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I wagered a borderline uncomfortable amount of money when the Minny TT came out as the schedule is a joke and I love their RB/WR situation.  If it doesn't hit I'm going to be triple pi$$ed...for losing money, and double ticked for betting on PJ Fleck whose schtick drives me bonkers.

I think they finish 3rd in the West which could easily be a 9-3 record.

16 minutes ago, brophog said:

6-3 in the conference but finishing third means the division is very top heavy and the top West teams are beating the top East teams.

Iowa 9-3 with a head to head victory and Nebraska 10-2 is plausible to me.

Edit: i could also see all 3 teams going 9-3 and Minny loses tie breakers. Its possible in my opinion but I see where you are coming from.