Democratic Debates

I’m guessing a lot of voters wouldn’t like hearing it but I think it would be refreshing to occasionally hear a candidate respond to a question that they would need to become more informed before coming up with a plan, then state what their thoughts are on the topic at the moment. Instead of just bulls#!tting.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I’m guessing a lot of voters wouldn’t like hearing it but I think it would be refreshing to occasionally hear a candidate respond to a question that they would need to become more informed before coming up with a plan, then state what their thoughts are on the topic at the moment. Instead of just bulls#!tting.

Here's an even easier one. A candidate attacks you for a previous position you held or bill you signed or whatever. You say, "You're right, I was wrong and I shouldn't have done it. I know better now."

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

No kidding!  That and NEVER starting their answer with "First let me talk about ___________" No...talk about the question that was asked.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

No kidding!  That and NEVER starting their answer with "First let me talk about ___________" No...talk about the question that was asked.

They're all so far gone and full of sh#t you couldn't make a decent human being by combining the best elements of all of them. They were all asked a simple and straightforward question, "if you could only address one issue in your first term, what would it be?" and they were requested to respond with a short one or two word answer. The only one that even came close to what was asked and kept it short was Buttegeig. He responded "fix our democracy". The rest of them babbled on and on, most of them not even giving an answer, towards the end they were just shouting out as many issues as they could think of. I don't know about everyone else but it means something to me that they A) answer the question they are asked and B) can follow directions. The planet would be better off without any politicians imo.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

They're all so far gone and full of sh#t you couldn't make a decent human being by combining the best elements of all of them. They were all asked a simple and straightforward question, "if you could only address one issue in your first term, what would it be?" and they were requested to respond with a short one or two word answer. The only one that even came close to what was asked and kept it short was Buttegeig. He responded "fix our democracy". The rest of them babbled on and on, most of them not even giving an answer, towards the end they were just shouting out as many issues as they could think of. I don't know about everyone else but it means something to me that they A) answer the question they are asked and B) can follow directions. The planet would be better off without any politicians imo.

They answer questions like a pissed off 12 year old that is getting yelled at/questioned by their parents.

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I love that Biden said he'd defeat Trump. I don't think he knows how elections work. :D

• 1 month later...

Moments of the night:

Bernie and Warren tag teaming all night against these loser corporatists polling at 0%. 

“I do know, I wrote the damn bill!”

Elizabeth Warren asking Delaney as he looks like hes about to cry why hes wasting his time running for president if all hes gonna do is say we cant to everything. Dont know the exact quote but that was great. 

Williamson talking about how canceling student debt would greatly stimulate the economy. Not only is she 100% correct but she follows that up with saying shes been listening to all these people on stage and cant understand how they are even democrats. Boom!

Honorable mention:

Bernie calling out Jake Tapper lol

• Plus1 1