PreSeason Coaches' Poll

I think think we all know this will be the last year, we won't be ranked in the preseason.

We have a great schedule to move up the poll's, this year. 7 B1G teams rated above us. We get 3 of them at home. I like are chances.

As far as Iowa and Iowa St being ranked ahead of us, I don't have a problem with that. They had better season's then we've  had lately.

I've always had a soft spot for Iowa St. I Hope they beat Iowa and also win the Big 12.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, everybody knows my name said:

You don't need to concern yourself with someone else's trophy.  Since 2013 Minnesota and Nebraska are 3-3 head to head, smug guy. ;)

NU beats Minny:  Husker fans don't really care

Minny beats NU:  Minny fans write down the date/score and have T-shirts printed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I grew up in Big Ten country with two big ten teams in my state...never once was that jug mentioned.  

That's inexcusable on Minnesota's part.  We should have made that rivalry meaningful, but we couldn't.  For many years starting in the '60s our administration was at war with the athletic department.  We even had presidents who wanted to discontinue athletics altogether.  There's no reason a huge school with gigantic resources should be a 98 lb weakling.  Thankfully we have moved on from that dark period.  But it's taken many years to get back to the point of expecting to win.

(To the tune of a popular Christmas Carol)

It's the most, use less poll, of the year!

It's the slop sloppiest raaaaaaaanking of alllllll!

There'll be teams out of place, not in the race, based off numbers of yore!

There'll be blatant campaigning, and lazy number ranking from coaches who find it a chore!

It's the most use less poll

The slop sloppiest poll

It's the most use less poll, OF THE YEEEEEAAAAR!

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, everybody knows my name said:

That's inexcusable on Minnesota's part.  We should have made that rivalry meaningful, but we couldn't.  For many years starting in the '60s our administration was at war with the athletic department.  We even had presidents who wanted to discontinue athletics altogether.  There's no reason a huge school with gigantic resources should be a 98 lb weakling.  Thankfully we have moved on from that dark period.  But it's taken many years to get back to the point of expecting to win. 

That's crazy. Minnesota Football was one of the biggest powerhouses in the 50s & 60s (off the top of my head, correct those dates if I'm wrong).

It's sad what happened to your program. And it's sobering to think that could be where we're headed.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's crazy. Minnesota Football was one of the biggest powerhouses in the 50s & 60s (off the top of my head, correct those dates if I'm wrong).

It's sad what happened to your program. And it's sobering to think that could be where we're headed.

Three national championships in the '30s, two in the '40s, and one in the '60s.  Our last Big Ten title was in '67.  So you're pretty close.