Bold Predictions for 2019

Mavric

6 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

A true freshman QB who NFL scouts said would be #1 pick if he was draft eligible...but sure, I’m being biased. 

Those guys have never been wrong about highly rated quarterbacks! He would be eaten alive by NFL defenses then, and now..... Come on. In another year or two? Probably so.

The guy averaged a little of 200 ypg, and right at 2 TDs per game.... You act like he's Pat Mahomes.... For comparison, the QB  (Martinez)you act like can't breathe the same air as Lawrence averaged just under 300 ypg, and 2.5 TDs per game..

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Those guys have never been wrong about highly rated quarterbacks! He would be eaten alive by NFL defenses then, and now..... Come on. In another year or two? Probably so.

I was initially shocked because you said QB was the only comparable position, considering we had 5 DL get drafted, our DBs are pretty thin, and Trevor is a top QB.

1 minute ago, killer cacti said:

I was initially shocked because you said QB was the only comparable position, considering we had 5 DL get drafted, our DBs are pretty thin, and Trevor is a top QB.

Clemson has a reputation on the DL, so there was an assumption made there. As for DB, we had a rough year there in 2018, but looks to be better in 2019.... Trevor is very much a top QB. Probably the best in the country, I just think our guy is comparable, and has "a chance" to be the best QB in the country.

12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Trevor is very much a top QB. Probably the best in the country, I just think our guy is comparable, and has "a chance" to be the best QB in the country.

Lawrence is a very good QB, and he’s only going to improve in his own right, but Martinez will have every opportunity to put up the kind of numbers QB’s in this offense have traditionally put up and those are good enough to put a QB in strong consideration for the best in the country. 

33 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

The initial replies all pointed out we would take Martinez over Lawrence in our system, not that Martinez is better than Lawrence. I agree Martinez is up there with the way he performed last year. Our recievers were very thin last season, Clemson has one of the best recieving corps in the country.

My favorite part about this thread is that a few posters forgot that with the playoff, teams can play up to 15 games now.

So when you predict Nebraska to finish 14-0 you're actually saying that they are 12-0, then win the Big 10 title to improve to 13-0, then don't get selected for the playoff, then win the Rose Bowl and complain about the system being unfair BCS style.

In all fairness, that is a bold prediction.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

My favorite part about this thread is that a few posters forgot that with the playoff, teams can play up to 15 games now.

So when you predict Nebraska to finish 14-0 you're actually saying that they are 12-0, then win the Big 10 title to improve to 13-0, then don't get selected for the playoff, then win the Rose Bowl and complain about the system being unfair BCS style.

In all fairness, that is a bold prediction.

If Iowa wasn’t so weak, we wouldn’t have that problem.