Cam Jurgens Great News

Pedro G

11 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Calling a guy a "game changer" and everyone salivating at the idea of the next Dominic Raiola or Dave Remmington being under center is quite far fetched at this point.  Hell, every guy out there has the "potential" to be something special, that is why we have them on the team right?  Let's pick up this discussion in November and see what has materialized at that point.  At that point, I'll buy the first round of Kool Aid too.

Pretty much everyone who has commented here and every coach who has commented has mentioned keeping him healthy. The game changer comment referred to when he's on the field. Obviously while not on the field he can't do that, but that was obvious to the person who made that comment.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Pretty much everyone who has commented here and every coach who has commented has mentioned keeping him healthy. The game changer comment referred to when he's on the field. Obviously while not on the field he can't do that, but that was obvious to the person who made that comment.

Andrew Luck = not a Game Changer

• Plus1 1
On 8/26/2019 at 7:38 AM, 10_point_buck said:

Calling a guy a "game changer" and everyone salivating at the idea of the next Dominic Raiola or Dave Remmington being under center is quite far fetched at this point.  Hell, every guy out there has the "potential" to be something special, that is why we have them on the team right?  Let's pick up this discussion in November and see what has materialized at that point.  At that point, I'll buy the first round of Kool Aid too.

How about we listen to the coaches who know the kid and watch him in practice and take our attitude about his ability from them.

I have no problem doing that with a sip of Kool aid.  That's how being a fan works.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How about we listen to the coaches who know the kid and watch him in practice and take our attitude about his ability from them.

I have no problem doing that with a sip of Kool aid.  That's how being a fan works.

I have no problem with him being named the starter, the kid is a great athlete and I am sure the coaches see that.  As Frost said, he could play him about anywhere and he would be great.  Calling him a "game changer" is what I think is a stretch.  I'll gladly eat crow if the kid can stay on the field.  His past history has shown that is not the case as he has not finished an athletic season (in any sport) going back to early in HS.  I hope that trend changes, but to be a game changer, you have to be on the field and healthy. 

15 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

I have no problem with him being named the starter, the kid is a great athlete and I am sure the coaches see that.  As Frost said, he could play him about anywhere and he would be great.  Calling him a "game changer" is what I think is a stretch.  I'll gladly eat crow if the kid can stay on the field.  His past history has shown that is not the case as he has not finished an athletic season (in any sport) going back to early in HS.  I hope that trend changes, but to be a game changer, you have to be on the field and healthy. 

I don’t think you’re getting what the phrase game changer is or how most people use it.

When people use “game changer” they mean when the player is on the field, the team is a lot better.

Injuries are completely irrelevant in this conversation because it is about what the team is like when he’s on the field. Being uninjured is a pre-condition to his being a game changer; in other words anyone saying he’s a game changer is not stating the obvious out loud, which is that he has to be on the field/stay healthy in order to do that. But if he is on the field, that’s what he is. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This needs to be copied to the depth chart thread. 

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

njuries are completely irrelevant in this conversation because it is about what the team is like when he’s on the field. Being uninjured is a pre-condition to his being a game changer; in other words anyone saying he’s a game changer is not stating the obvious out loud, which is that he has to be on the field/stay healthy in order to do that. But if he is on the field, that’s what he is. 

It depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is...

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Uncle Rico thinks you're full of crap!