Reparations, Racism & Building a better Society

Reparations  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If the voting laws are legal and there is plenty of time allowed for people to vote, i.e...polls open weeks prior to Election Day, Voter ID is free, and everyone plays by the same rules on a mid-term election that’s 1 1/2 years away, a Presidential election that’s 3 1/2 years away so people have plenty of time to figure things out it’s not my fault nor any politicians fault if people choose to suppress their own vote.  Get mad at those individuals.  If the voting changes are deemed illegal then that’s a different story.  If states charge for the voter ID, I will disagree with that.  

I mean, do people need their hand held to get to the voting booth now a days so it’s not considered voter suppression.  Maybe you should ask people why they want to suppress their own vote by not getting to the voting booth when they have 3 weeks to do so and 3 1/2 years to plan for it.  
I’m sure that was telling. 

So now it's the people suppressing their own vote.

Lovely. 

Seriously. You're not reading any of these links, are you.

But sorta to your point, I think we need to congratulate the people who did in fact research the voting options, advised people of the barriers being put in their way, and helped  people to turn out in record numbers to reclaim the Presidency and Senate. People still have some  power. For now. And that's what clearly pisses off your team. 

Not (necessarily) racially related but relevant: 17 GOP controlled states sought to over-turn the 2020 election results based on zero evidence, and two have initiated a process where the state legislature can override its own voters. So maybe voter suppression is a moot point if you're in a position to ignore the voters and evidence regardless.

These are your people. What they're doing may technically be legal, given a manipulation of the law, but I can't think of an argument where it's not horribly un-ethical and un-American at the core.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I would vote yes on election holiday, though if it’s not I don’t really care as I find time to vote regardless

I would vote yes on weekend voting if the county election board deemed they could afford it and find workers.  Either way I would find time to vote 

Im for following whatever legal State voting laws there are.  

What problems are being solved: on those two issues specifically only thing I can think of is if there are monetary and personnel challenges and that there has to be some timeframe set.  Otherwise, why not just open polling places 24 hrs a day 7 days a week the day after the conventions? 

Voter ID and signature match laws solve other problems. 

Sounds awesome.  We could call it “Mail-in ballots” or something catchy.  Imagine the ease of getting a ballot in your mailbox, filling it out at your convenience , ,even research candidates and ballot measures.  When your done, put it back in your mailbox or drop off at a specified location if you choose.

something like that would just be great!

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The long lines to vote in Georgia indicate this is not true.

On the very first day of voting.  Check out the news reports of those same precincts two days later.  

Now, as far as who to blame, check on what county those voting locations are in.  Next maybe check what party controls the voting decisions in those counties. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Sure, sure.

Thank you for finally understanding 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Now, as far as who to blame, check on what county those voting locations are in.  Next maybe check what party controls the voting decisions in those counties. 

We covered this months ago. It is no more true now than when you were shown it was a red herring then. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Sounds awesome.  We could call it “Mail-in ballots” or something catchy.  Imagine the ease of getting a ballot in your mailbox, filling it out at your convenience , ,even research candidates and ballot measures.  When your done, put it back in your mailbox or drop off at a specified location if you choose.

Who would be against such a thing? It's logical, it's easy, it's affordable, it's secure. 

Why would anyone oppose this? Why would anyone create a false narrative around such voting measures to the extent they may have cost their party the Senate and the White House?

SUCH A MYSTERY who is behind efforts to make voting harder. SO WEIRD.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

people to turn out in record numbers

So there was suppression or no suppression?  Seems the raw numbers show no.  

46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Seriously. You're not reading any of these links, are you.

I am.  I wonder though, if you are reading and researching into who the decision makers are to close polling locations in PA and GA which people on here have complained about but don’t seem to know the reason why.  You’re not looking at any of that are you.  

55 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

17 GOP controlled states sought to over-turn the 2020 election results based on zero evidence

Some of the lawsuits were based on issues like what’s shown below.  PA is another case where the AG overstepped the legislature in the name of COVID generating a lawsuit. 
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/03/court-invalidates-michigan-rule-on-how-to-verify-absentee-ballot-application-signatures.html

Hope your team continues to figure out how to vote in these record setting times of voting. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Sure, as long as you prove you are a valid registered voter.  Have at it.  

The snark was awesome by the way:thumbs  Pro level 

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We covered this months ago. It is no more true now than when you were shown it was a red herring then. 

You don’t believe Fulton County runs it’s own election? 

• Plus1 1

So there was suppression or no suppression?  Seems the raw numbers show no.  

I am.  I wonder though, if you are reading and researching into who the decision makers are to close polling locations in PA and GA which people on here have complained about but don’t seem to know the reason why.  You’re not looking at any of that are you.  

Some of the lawsuits were based on issues like what’s shown below.  PA is another case where the AG overstepped the legislature in the name of COVID generating a lawsuit. 
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/03/court-invalidates-michigan-rule-on-how-to-verify-absentee-ballot-application-signatures.html

Hope your team continues to figure out how to vote in these record setting times of voting. 

Who gutted the voting rights bill and gave states more power to do this?

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No you don't. 

So is "Fulton County" the new "Chicago!" when you want to avoid the more pertinent and evidence based argument? 

Yes I do.  

Fulton county is the Fulton County where people on here continuously bring up long lines and less polling places in GA.  If you want to avoid that argument, continue to do so.   

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So please join us in fighting against voter suppression wherever you find it, be it Fulton County or the many other examples provided.

Sure.  When I find it I will let you know.  Otherwise I will continue to vote during the prescribed times and locations given with the appropriate ID just like every other citizen of voting age who registered to vote. 

• Plus1 2

Sure.  When I find it I will let you know.  Otherwise I will continue to vote during the prescribed times and locations given with the appropriate ID just like every other citizen of voting age who registered to vote. 

Fair enough. I will find out where you live and try to make that as difficult as possible. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Fulton county is the Fulton County where people on here continuously bring up long lines and less polling places in GA

You are the person constantly bringing up Fulton County. Whenever I've mentioned Georgia, I've been non-specific about counties.