*** Official Ohio State Game Thread ***

suh_fan93

14 minutes ago, Micheal said:

Sucks that so many recruits were here too. This can't be a good look. 

Well at least our crowd shows support.  I am amazed how many other stadiums have lots of empty seats, and at the kickoff.  Wisconsin has a good team and there are empty seats today.  North Carolina is playing number 1 Clemson at home and I see empty sections.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

have to say Mike Riley trained me well, I found something else to do tonight and didn't watch 1 second of this.  with that half time score (ESPN alerts), I was sure the score was going to be something similar to the wreck at texas tech several years ago.  the score was not that bad tonight but the a$$ whopping was!!

Scott is a great coach and will do wonders at his next stop but I am starting to think, there is no "Right Coach" for NU.  Saben would be a big loser tonight if he coached here...

Thanks Harvy (Pearlman), your hate of sports has really taken hold in this program...  all you wanted to do was milk your cash cow so that is exactly what you did all the way to the program being mediocre (on a good year). 

Just now, San Diego Husker said:

just think, if NU manages to win the west, we get to see Bucky again in Indianaopolis...  yay us!!

(good news?) we probably will not come close to winning the west.

Shame on me, but I kind of hope this happens. 

Just now, San Diego Husker said:

just think, if NU manages to win the west, we get to see Bucky again in Indianaopolis...  yay us!!

(good news?) we probably will not come close to winning the west.

From what I saw tonight NU will be lucky to win 2 more games. I'm watching the Utah St game thinking there's no way we could hang with either of these teams. 

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Well at least our crowd shows support.  I am amazed how many other stadiums have lots of empty seats, and at the kickoff.  Wisconsin has a good team and there are empty seats today.  North Carolina is playing number 1 Clemson at home and I see empty sections.  

And yet they managed to take Clemson to the wire. 

Personally ill I’ll take some empty seats in exchange for not being emabarassed on national TV

16 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Defense quit mid first half when it became clear the O was going to s#!t the bed all night. Coaches had no answers. 2AM is hot garbage. This team isn’t close.  

North Carolina and Virginia both came out today as underdogs and played competitive games against superior opponents. I’m not really sure what the curse on this program is but it’s real. I don’t believe Frost had such superior talent at UCF yet he was able to make them competitive. 

The black cloud over this program is real

:smokin weed?  This is about the only thing left that I can think of that makes sense.  Talent deficiency doesn't explain it.  Multiple coaching staffs indicate coaching isn't the problem.  Something is going on. 

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

:smokin weed?  This is about the only thing left that I can think of that makes sense.  Talent deficiency doesn't explain it.  Multiple coaching staffs indicate coaching isn't the problem.  Something is going on. 

How do you measure talent? Size, speed, weight for lineman? Except for the freeks like Suh, it seems like there should be enough talent to go around. When people say we don’t have the talent to compete with the likes of teams like OSU, is it size, speed, or some other metric? I agree, there must be something else. And don’t tell me it’s facilities. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

How do you measure talent? Size, speed, weight for lineman? Except for the freeks like Suh, it seems like there should be enough talent to go around. When people say we don’t have the talent to compete with the likes of teams like OSU, is it size, speed, or some other metric? I agree, there must be something else. And don’t tell me it’s facilities. 

We aren't as talented as OSU but other teams with less or equal talent as us can magically compete with OSU.  Our talent deficiency with OSU doesn't explain what we just witnessed.  Something else is going on.  What happened with the 2 players suspended indefinitely earlier this year?  I hope it's a sign Frost is fixing the culture, whatever the something is.

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

We aren't as talented as OSU but other teams with less or equal talent as us can magically compete with OSU.  Our talent deficiency with OSU doesn't explain what we just witnessed.  Something else is going on.  What happened with the 2 players suspended indefinitely earlier this year?  I hope it's a sign Frost is fixing the culture, whatever the something is.

If weed is pretty much smoked freely and tolerated, I wonder what terrible thing these guys did to actually get punished?  Did they murder someone?

7 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Yep. I’m so sick of the talent arguement. Yes there is a definite talent discrepancy. Is it as big as the one between North Carolina and Clemson? I can name any number of teams who have faced far bigger talent discrepancies and still manage to not completely embarrass themselves. What happened tonight is more then just talent

• Plus1 2

Its culture, its talent, its a number of things, but it all starts with talent and recruiting.  For crying out loud we have tried many different coaches now and each coach has sucked in some way or another.  Frost has the brightest future of any since Solich.  Talent on the trenches is where it starts at, not QB, not RB or WR.  Its your O-line and D-lines that support and build your programs.  Simple.  If we can't recruit those players to this program, we won't ever have a chance to compete with Ohio St or Wisky.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1