*** 2019 Game 6 "Expert" Picks: Northwestern At Nebraska ***

You're all wrong.  Scott Frost is going to give an emotional Waterboy like speech at half, at which point Ron Kellogg is going to show up.  RK3 is then going to trot out on the field for the second half, in place of AM, where he will then throw 4 hail mary td passes and lead the Huskers to a 72-44 victory.

2 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

But he did it.  It counts.

Sure it does but we consistently held him to low yardage after that run. The idea that we can't stop the run is false. We aren't elite at stopping the run, we give up big plays at times, but we can stop the run. FYI, everyone gives up big plays from time to time. We will do very good stopping the run against NW who doesn't have an elite playmaker like Corbin is. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Sure it does but we consistently held him to low yardage after that run. The idea that we can't stop the run is false. We aren't elite at stopping the run, we give up big plays at times, but we can stop the run. FYI, everyone gives up big plays from time to time. We will do very good stopping the run against NW who doesn't have an elite playmaker like Corbin is. 

His back up(iirc he got hurt in the game?) Had 59 yards on 6 carries.  Also my Orivinal response was to a comment someone made about Iowa not Northwestern.  But it is a thread about NW so i can see how the mistake was made.  Iowa doesn't have corbin either but they have a much better line than Illinois.

9 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

His back up(iirc he got hurt in the game?) Had 59 yards on 6 carries.  Also my Orivinal response was to a comment someone made about Iowa not Northwestern.  But it is a thread about NW so i can see how the mistake was made.  Iowa doesn't have corbin either but they have a much better line than Illinois.

Iowa is also our last game of the season. Lets make a little bet on our year end rushing defense numbers shall we? Just for kicks and gigs

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Iowa is also our last game of the season. Lets make a little bet on our year end rushing defense numbers shall we? Just for kicks and gigs

In my original response I said that I expect this team to turn it on soon.  I expect to beat Iowa.  But until I see an actual change I have them marked as a heavy favorite.  I hope that our run defense will improve because we will put up too many points for many of these teams to run that much.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, melscott62 said:

In my original response I said that I expect this team to turn it on soon.  I expect to beat Iowa.  But until I see an actual change I have them marked as a heavy favorite.  I hope that our run defense will improve because we will put up too many points for many of these teams to run that much.

Look, I just disagree with the assertion that we can't stop the run. I think we are fairly effective, and will be especially so against teams like NW. Even with Wisconsin and Iowa, we are better built to stop that type of rushing attack than OSU's rushing attack. Will we stop them, I don't know but I think that we are built to do so if that makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Look, I just disagree with the assertion that we can't stop the run. I think we are fairly effective, and will be especially so against teams like NW. Even with Wisconsin and Iowa, we are better built to stop that type of rushing attack than OSU's rushing attack. Will we stop them, I don't know but I think that we are built to do so if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense.  I think osu has an elite run game with their line, rb and qb.  I hope you are right about iowa and wisc.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, melscott62 said:

We have a stagnant offense, have turned the ball over 7 times in the last 2 games, has terrible special teams and can’t stop the run.   If we don’t snap out of it(I expect it this week, but I expected earlier than this) soon we would be in trouble.   The team that has taken the field the last few weeks would get beat by Iowa by 2-3 scores.   I firmly believe things will change but I don’t see a point in assuming it until it happens.   I still believe this team can win 9 games not including the bowl.   But it’s time to make it happen.

Well the thing is we will have the same team for the Iowa game as well... So... Don't know what to tell you.