*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

Vedral is really light on his feet in the backfield. I like the way he scrambled outside the tackle box to have the option to throw the ball away a couple times. Those couple of plays probably saved the game.

This team has a ton of heart. Nobody quit. Every single player on defense is out there to do everything they can and they deserve so much credit; I don't even care about Northwestern's terrible offensive stats.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hayseed said:

He'll play a lot better if he doesn't have to run the stupidest plays ever.

Those plays seemed to work just fine under Vedral, so long as the snaps weren’t high.  He was getting first downs. It’s a change we need AM looks apathetic. Vedral is moving with intent and desire. They looked entirely different.

2 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

Those plays seemed to work just fine under Vedral, so long as the snaps weren’t high.  He was getting first downs. It’s a change we need AM looks apathetic. Vedral is moving with intent and desire. They looked entirely different.

The argument against this is Vedral hasn't played with Jurgens as much, and not in games at all, and therefore isn't scared to death every play that the ball would fly over his head. He might have been less nervous just for that fact alone. I don't recall Vedral jumping each time the ball was snapped, which is a habit Martinez has picked up through no fault of his own.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The argument against this is Vedral hasn't played with Jurgens as much, and not in games at all, and therefore isn't scared to death every play that the ball would fly over his head. He might have been less nervous just for that fact alone. I don't recall Vedral jumping each time the ball was snapped, which is a habit Martinez has picked up through no fault of his own.

I said this in another thread but I’ll say it again. Put the QB under center until that snapping issue is corrected. Plus it eliminates the zone read (sorry, I just hate the zone read). Let AM read the defense while he takes his drop. With the ball already in his hands. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

The argument against this is Vedral hasn't played with Jurgens as much, and not in games at all, and therefore isn't scared to death every play that the ball would fly over his head. He might have been less nervous just for that fact alone.

That’s only an argument if you think he’s been on the sideline drinking sodas and eating chips every game. I know for a fact that you know better than that. We agree on nearly 98% of these threads. Vedral sees what is going on, and spends the same amount of time watching film. If anything, he’s had more time in the HCSF system and is more confident. You have to be very decisive and move very fast. Everything is fast. His quicker first step is getting us an extra yard or two each play on QB keepers. That makes all the difference in this system.

There is something wrong with Adrian. Adrian is not the same player he was last year. He’s is coming across as apathetic. 

11 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

That’s only an argument if you think he’s been on the sideline drinking sodas and eating chips every game. I know for a fact that you know better than that. We agree on nearly 98% of these threads. Vedral sees what is going on, and spends the same amount of time watching film. If anything, he’s had more time in the HCSF system and is more confident. You have to be very decisive and move very fast. Everything is fast. His quicker first step is getting us an extra yard or two each play on QB keepers. That makes all the difference in this system.

There is something wrong with Adrian. Adrian is not the same player he was last year. He’s is coming across as apathetic. 

I agree there's something going on with Martinez, and I don't blame all of that on the snapping, but I also think there's a big difference between being in the game getting the s#!tty snaps over and over and watching it from the sideline. Martinez has it ingrained in him to wonder if the ball is going to go over his head every time. Since Vedral hadn't actually played it until yesterday, I don't think that was the case with him, which was indicated by his not jumping for each snap. My guess is if he starts another game or 2, he'll start jumping as well. Unless Jurgens can figure this out.