This is on Frost

jimmy1

4 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

The point is, when it is not getting better, you at least try something different. 

This reminds me of Abraham Lincoln when he was urged to fire general McClellan during the Civil War.  "Who would you have in his place?" he asked.  His advisor replied, "Anyone."

Lincoln responded "Well, you may be happy with anyone, but I must have someone."

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Then why not play Benhart now?  Not disagreeing with you. If he truly is the next Rimington (or close) then play him, but do the same with the other guys as well.  

Kind of like Holgorsen at Houston.  Asking his starting WR and WB to redshirt (after starting in and playing 4 games) as the season sux and they'll be better next year.  Barring some miracle, I do not think Frost and Co feel like we will win the West.  So why not play the young guys for the experience.  Without the experience, next year will be a lot of the same excuses. The team is young, inexperienced, new to the scheme, another year of S&C.  Get them the playing time now.  Let them play a good amount of snaps in at least 4 games.  Spell the starters for the stretch.  Like Hickman today, is he burning his shirt for ST's?  Taylor-Britt returning punts after JD was out?  

Build the future today.  

This is how I feel as well. I think we can get to 6 wins and a bowl but not much else. So let’s build some depth and experience to make us better next year

1 hour ago, Husker NoNo said:

I am sure they practice snapping the ball. Perhaps you should email Scott though and pass along your wisdom...

How do you know that, are you like a super insider?

Edit: And if they do, why does he still suck so bad? Could you ask when you're down there?

13 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

This reminds me of Abraham Lincoln when he was urged to fire general McClellan during the Civil War.  "Who would you have in his place?" he asked.  His advisor replied, "Anyone."

Lincoln responded "Well, you may be happy with anyone, but I must have someone."

And later Lincoln found himself incorrect and replaced McClellan

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's probably safe to assume that they practice snapping the football....

Next time you see Frost can you ask him why that guy sucks so bad? Do other guys practice snapping the ball or is he the only one? Or does Frost want to avoid a center controversy?

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Because Benhart can RS and Jurgens cannot? 

I know. But if Benhart is as advertised, get him his RS games with some quality playing time.  Let him get experience so next year we are replacing guys with guys who haven't taken and meaningful snaps.  

I think we see a step back with the DL next year.  All the starters are gone,  We still have Stille, Daniels and Green (I'd play him more), but lose 3 starters on the DL. MLB and both CB's...Try and rotate guys as much as possible the next 4 of 6.  I do not think we will have any blowouts to let guys get a full quarter of play, but get it while they can.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I know. But if Benhart is as advertised, get him his RS games with some quality playing time.  Let him get experience so next year we are replacing guys with guys who haven't taken and meaningful snaps.  

I think we see a step back with the DL next year.  All the starters are gone,  We still have Stille, Daniels and Green (I'd play him more), but lose 3 starters on the DL. MLB and both CB's...Try and rotate guys as much as possible the next 4 of 6.  I do not think we will have any blowouts to let guys get a full quarter of play, but get it while they can.

A. We have more than 4 games left, so we still can do that

B. We aren't losing any lineman to graduation and I doubt any leave early for the NFL.

• Haha 1

The best thing that Frost did today I getting in the face of Carlos Davis and giving him an earful after his dumb play...he needs to do that more often and he needs to start disciplining players who commit stupid penalties...sit them out a quarter and if they commit another penalty, sit them out one game. They will soon learn that undisciplined football will not be tolerated. Two things that Frost needs to do if he wants to turn things around are

(1) eliminate stupid penalties by having serious consequences for players who commit them, and

(2) change our center and get someone who can actually snap the ball correctly or at least want to learn how to snap the ball. The Jurgens experiment has failed miserably and can’t be fixed...let us move on...he had his chances to get better and he not.