What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

-I hope 2AM is okay but I was sort of relieved that the decision to bring in Vedral was taken out HCSF hands......because it wouldn’t have happened.

-Coaching in the AAC is apparently a completely different animal than coaching in the B1G.

-Jurgens cannot, CAN NOT be our center going forward. If you can’t figure out how to get the ball to the QB in 4 weeks, it ain’t gonna happen.

-Learned that if you’re a Nebraska defensive player you cannot cleanly hit the QB while the ball is still in his hand and if you’re within 5 yards of a receiver, you will be called for interference. That one play was highly educational.

-Our special teams are still extremely “special”.

-Overall our receiver room is a liability, as is our OL.

I wasn't sure if our WR weren't getting open or not until I saw that Vedral too was extending plays and still not finding anyone. JD and Wandale apparently are the only ones getting open. Guessing that means TEs too. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

CJ is a horrible center but might be a great guard.

And the dorks that wanted AM benched for Vedral...well...I imagine we will hear a lot less from them now!

I AM NOT A DORK!

Of course I didn’t want 2AM “benched” but I did/do think he needed to sit a series or two. Probably not fair considering Jurgens and the overall OL play.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I AM NOT A DORK!

Of course I didn’t want 2AM “benched” but I did/do think he needed to sit a series or two. Probably not fair considering Jurgens and the overall OL play.

Ha!  I totally get what you are saying but as a really bad coach let me tell you what "sitting for a series" means.

It is not about the view or explaining things...it is about seeing it the backup all of a sudden is amazing...if he is...GOLD...if not...you toss that starter back in.

Just now, Red Five said:

I learned Lamar Jackson is not good with the ball in his hands.  After that pick if he stays on the sidelines he gets another 15-20 yards or more.  But for some reason he cuts to the middle where everyone is.

And that is odd because EVERY guy is D is taught to hit the sidelines and go upfield after a TO...but maybe he just though the saw something.

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

At least until Vedral is given more than the QB keeper and two passes.

He had 5 passes and completed 2. It's not a large sample size, but he also didn't come in and go like 4 of 5 on his first drive for a TD. 

He does that, I'll listen to QB controversy. But he struggled with the bad snaps and OL just like Martinez. He hit the one good pass down the sideline to Wandale to help win the game. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Hmmm, Maybe but probably not.

Look...He is getting his dong played with tonight, so is that kicker...but in the end AM is the starter.

Unless Vedral tears up Minnesota, then Martinez comes back from his injury and stinks, then Vedral comes back in and looks like Eric Crouch.
Of course tonight it looked like the backups have only been taught 6 plays.

• Thanks 1