What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

4 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

No I quoted you when I wanted to quote what you quoted. My bad. 

I was referring to Frosts comments that you were talking about 

I’m confused did you mean to quote me. I was just debunking the whole officials hate us s#!t and saying they suck all around. I mean you could argue the worst no call of the game was the PI on Lamar’s pick

• Plus1 1

I learned:

(1) Jurgens must sit out...he has shown us that he is incapable of learning how o snap the ball properly. If six games into the season and you continue to snap the ball horribly, it means that either you are incapable of learning or that the coaches can coach you technique. Either way, he MUST SIT OUT. Next man up will be much better

(2) Martinez is having some mental block or something is going on with him. He plays timid indecisive football and he looks slow and frightened...Frost needs to sit him down when he is struggling and put Vedral in...a little competition never hurts to put things into prospective

(3) the coaches need to evaluate their performance. They are not able to get the best of the talent they have and that is completely on them. IMO, Fitzgerald has been able to maximize the performance of a much less talented team, why can’t we do the same...saying we have no talent is a flimsy and old excuse..we are we paying the coaches millions of dollars...to coach these players UP.

(4) Wandall Robinson is a stud and he carried this team today.

(5) play calling was very conservative and we are playing not to lose rather than playing to win...this goes against what Frost is preaching to have the guys run free and play their best football.

(6) Frost getting in the face of Carlos Davis after that stupid stunt he did is very promising and is something that Frost needs to keep doing if he wants to eliminate stupid undisciplined penalties

(7) our offense is anemic and if they do not wake up soon, we will lose several games

(8) our defense can keep us in the game but only if our offense can score some points.

(9) Stilli did a wonderful job. If Carlos or Khalil Davis commit more stupid fouls, Frost should sit them out and play Stilli and others. 

(10) if we play like we did today, we will lose against Minnesota next week.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

He had 5 passes and completed 2. It's not a large sample size, but he also didn't come in and go like 4 of 5 on his first drive for a TD. 

He does that, I'll listen to QB controversy. But he struggled with the bad snaps and OL just like Martinez. He hit the one good pass down the sideline to Wandale to help win the game. 

2 of the I completed were when he was running for his life and threw it away, especially with one being on another crappy snap by Jurgens.  Look at the stats that way and he did pretty good 

4 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I learned:

(1) Jurgens must sit out...he has shown us that he is incapable of learning how o snap the ball properly. If six games into the season and you continue to snap the ball horribly, it means that either you are incapable of learning or that the coaches can coach you technique. Either way, he MUST SIT OUT. Next man up will be much better

(2) Martinez is having some mental block or something is going on with him. He plays timid indecisive football and he looks slow and frightened...Frost needs to sit him down when he is struggling and put Vedral in...a little competition never hurts to put things into prospective

(3) the coaches need to evaluate their performance. They are not able to get the best of the talent they have and that is completely on them. IMO, Fitzgerald has been able to maximize the performance of a much less talented team, why can’t we do the same...saying we have no talent is a flimsy and old excuse..we are we paying the coaches millions of dollars...to coach these players UP.

(4) Wandall Robinson is a stud and he carried this team today.

(5) play calling was very conservative and we are playing not to lose rather than playing to win...this goes against what Frost is preaching to have the guys run free and play their best football.

(6) Frost getting in the face of Carlos Davis after that stupid stunt he did is very promising and is something that Frost needs to keep doing if he wants to eliminate stupid undisciplined penalties

(7) our offense is anemic and if they do not wake up soon, we will lose several games

(8) our defense can keep us in the game but only if our offense can score some points.

(9) Stilli did a wonderful job. If Carlos or Khalil Davis commit more stupid fouls, Frost should sit them out and play Stilli and others. 

(10) if we play like we did today, we will lose against Minnesota next week.

Fitz has been coaching his team for much longer. Maybe once Frost has been at Nebraska as long as Fitz has been at NW we will see us getting the most out of our talent.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2