What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

6 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

No, no one is taking it away from him as he is special.  What is real is that other teams will realize how below average we are if they take him away, then what?  Is there others to step up?  Through 6 games, I’d say no.  

Most teams not in the top 5-10 are a lot different when you take away one of their top 3 players. It's a weird hypothetical.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We had 3 more rushing yards against Northwestern than Wisconsin did last week

We had 73 more passing yards against Northwestern than Wisconsin did last week

We had 76 more total yards against Northwestern than Wisconsin did last week

Our offense scored 3 more points against Northwestern than Wisconsin's did last week

Let’s remember these and compare them to what Wisconsin does to us in a few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

If teams take away Wan’dale then it opens up for JD or someone else. Why is JD not having as much success this year? Probably because no Morgan to worry about. Or to take an NFL example, Smith-Schuster isn’t having a great season without AB sucking up double teams. Finite number of defensive resources so the more they use to deal with Wan’dale the more opportunities the other guys will get. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

If teams take away Wan’dale then it opens up for JD or someone else. Why is JD not having as much success this year? Probably because no Morgan to worry about. Or to take an NFL example, Smith-Schuster isn’t having a great season without AB sucking up double teams. Finite number of defensive resources so the more they use to deal with Wan’dale the more opportunities the other guys will get. 

Need 28 to get healthy. Hopefully the OL gets better as the year goes on like last year.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Need 28 to get healthy. Hopefully the OL gets better as the year goes on like last year.

I hope the OL gets better, I really do- but its game 6, half way, and sometimes you just are what you are.  People rant like the OL problems are novel, but they've been consistently bad since game one.  The thing with hoping they get better doesn't account for the fact that every team is getting better every week.  But its getting on my nerves people calling Jurgens out, it's extremely tacky. Someone has to snap the ball.