What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

8 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Ugly game to watch.

Worst Northwestern team in recent memory so struggling to beat them is concerning.

Was it just me or how did the slow NW QB gash us at key times in the run game especially because he was no threat to pass.

Game ball to Wandale.

Bowl eligibility still on track.

>Worst Northwestern team in recent memory so struggling to beat them is concerning.

Same NW team every year. When they win the close games they have a big year W/L wise, when they lose they cry foul.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

What is being circled?  The zapruder film thinks this is poor quality 

To illustrate that the ball glanced off of an arm and then split the arms of 95 and 98, making it's travel path to being a good field goal vere unlikely.  I think it was willed through because I still don't see how it made it.  It was clearly touched and kind of wounded ducked it's way through the uprights. 

I'm starting to get amused how every week people say if we keep playing this way or keep doing this or that the team will never win again  or be bowl eligible or whatever. Then every week we play that way again and we're 4-2 by winning ugly. 

I mean if you come to this board with no idea how the game turned out you'd think we lost to NW again and we're 0-6 again this year. The only difference is if we do lose a game people want someone fired. 

Is there a chance that if Nebraska keeps playing ugly that we don't make a bowl? Sure, probably. However, there's also a chance, probably as good of one, we just keep winning ugly every week. 

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I hope the OL gets better, I really do- but its game 6, half way, and sometimes you just are what you are.  People rant like the OL problems are novel, but they've been consistently bad since game one.  The thing with hoping they get better doesn't account for the fact that every team is getting better every week.  But its getting on my nerves people calling Jurgens out, it's extremely tacky. Someone has to snap the ball.  

Tacky how?  Frosty hyped him up and made him the golden child, right?  You are telling me this would go on in any other program?  Maybe if the dude was not a square peg being forced into a circle, there would be less chatter.  The number of bad plays we have on offense due to his penalties, bad snaps, or him getting whooped is not acceptable.  It is hard to think this is our only and best option.  

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm starting to get amused how every week people say if we keep playing this way or keep doing this or that the team will never win again  or be bowl eligible or whatever. Then every week we play that way again and we're 4-2 by winning ugly. 

I mean if you come to this board with no idea how the game turned out you'd think we lost to NW again and we're 0-6 again this year. The only difference is if we do lose a game people want someone fired. 

Is there a chance that if Nebraska keeps playing ugly that we didn't make a bowl? Sure, probably. However, there's also a chance, probably as good of one, we just keep winning ugly every week. 

We just have to take it one game at a time and trust that the coaches get it straightened out.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

To illustrate that the ball glanced off of an arm and then split the arms of 95 and 98, making it's travel path to being a good field goal vere unlikely.  I think it was willed through because I still don't see how it made it.  It was clearly touched and kind of wounded ducked it's way through the uprights. 

Yeah. We were incredibly lucky to beat a one win Northwestern team that ranks at the bottom in offense. 

But hey credit where its due and all that 

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

My favorite part of the game other than the win was at the beginning when they said we were playing to show who the real NU is. There should be a trophy for this game. It's almost always a good game. 

I'm whelmed that national media is aligned with my idea for this rivalry.