What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

21 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I’m confused did you mean to quote me. I was just debunking the whole officials hate us s#!t and saying they suck all around. I mean you could argue the worst no call of the game was the PI on Lamar’s pick

I meant to quote Frosts remark about “adjusting to us” and remarked that his and his staffs hubris cause more trouble than needed and would be used against them way more if he wasn’t Scott Frost. 

- Something seriously wrong with Martinez (even before the injury); the bad snaps and poor offensive line play (run and pass blocking both) is one part of it but you also cannot ignore all of the bad passes and the hesitant running.  

- Vedral looked pretty good, didn't play with fear and had to deal with the same bad snaps and offensive line.  

- The penalties are getting really old.  

- Wandale was a huge reason we won this game.  

- We made two field goals!  

- No turnovers! 

- We are very lucky to have 4 wins.  

Go back and watch the two games running the offense out of the I and wing formations; the plays look a LOT quicker.  The Huskers ran two plays out of the I today, one short run and a play action that would have gone for a first down if Martinez doesn't throw a bad pass (still catchable).  We really need to run more plays out of these formations, it masks some of the deficiencies with the offensive line (Jurgens bad snaps, poor blocking), the offensive line looks a lot better on all of those plays.   

We lose to Minnesota unless we get a lot better this week.

12 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I meant to quote Frosts remark about “adjusting to us” and remarked that his and his staffs hubris cause more trouble than needed and would be used against them way more if he wasn’t Scott Frost. 

You quoted the completely wrong post lol

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Worse completion percentage

SIGNIFICANTLY worse yards per attempt

And threw a horrendous pick that cost them the game.

Other than that......

Did you see how he ran their running offense?  They had our guys chasing all day.  I wish TM could do that #DeerInTheHeadlights

1.  Our coaches are overrated across the board.  Every game this season the other team has made positive halftime adjustments while we seem to make either no adjustments or the wrong adjustments.

2.  Playcalling was bad yet again.  Northwestern has a tough defense against the run, but we should have been able to exploit them more than we did.  If Frost is calling the plays, he needs to give up those duties.

3.  Special teams is a disaster all around despite the winning field goal.

4.   Wandale Robinson is a baller

5.  Our S&C program does not seem to be making a difference as we continue to get beat at the line on both sides of the ball, and we also continue to see players get hurt.  

6.  Despite many ugly games, Nebraska is 4-2 and has found a way to win some of the close ones.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1