Frost will fix 20+ years of crap

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

As if thoughts and opinions are formed, parsed, sorted, then typed into a forum for "sounding good as you're writing it."   Not this puppy;  it's about reading things through, watching games, living the Husker experience for decades and decades, living my life and forming ways to make decisions, superimposing said experiences and observations of Husker football over current situations and the people involved.

Don't be shallow.   My expressed thoughts about Scott Frost aren't shot from the hip or quickly decided upon.  Re-read the previous paragraph and my previous posts about the new HC, along with those of others of a similar opinion;  you'll find far less "shallow" than in your very own post there pinning a medal on a man who hasn't proven at all that he's up to Big Ten football.

Well good luck my friend. I just spent too long responding to your post (had some other things going on) to find out I had been logged out when I hit the submit button and it didn't save my post. Just real quick, I was old enough to know how significant it was to win our first back to back championships and experienced all of the disappointment between those and the 3 in 4. If we'd have had replay in '93 it would have been 4 in 5 and the first 3-peat in the modern era and most likely would have had one in '83 and as for '84 what can we say.

It just seems to me you have decided rather quickly  upon wether Frost can get it done or not, maybe you need to reread your post. Scott Frost has been a winner everywhere he's been and odds are he will do so again. Time will tell all things it would be a shame to short change it. The only one pinning anything on Frost is you, a medal of failure.  What I read is "I feel", "I think" and, to be sure, we are all entitled to our opinion. To be candid your posts and others of similar opinion wreak of arrogance and ego but maybe time will show you to be right. As of now I highly doubt it. There, that's the short version.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

What I read is "I feel", "I think" and, to be sure, we are all entitled to our opinion. To be candid your posts and others of similar opinion wreak of arrogance and ego

4-8 and 5-7 with Scott Frost as head coach at Nebraska. That is not feelings, it is not thoughts, nor opinions  and not arrogance, or even ego.  That's what it is.  Those are the facts.  It's history.

I wouldn't want anybody else next year but Scott Frost as our head coach, but you need to not let YOUR feelings, thoughts and opinions get out in front of the facts.  Scott Frost is doing slightly worse than any head coach at Nebraska in the last 50 years.  That is the bad news.  The good news is he has five more years to make everybody forget the first two.  I hope he does.  However, one can't praise what hasn't happened yet.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BackInTheDay said:

4-8 and 5-7 with Scott Frost as head coach at Nebraska. That is not feelings, it is not thoughts, nor opinions  and not arrogance, or even ego.  That's what it is.  Those are the facts.  It's history.

I wouldn't want anybody else next year but Scott Frost as our head coach, but you need to not let YOUR feelings, thoughts and opinions get out in front of the facts.  Scott Frost is doing slightly worse than any head coach at Nebraska in the last 50 years.  That is the bad news.  The good news is he has five more years to make everybody forget the first two.  I hope he does.  However, one can't praise what hasn't happened yet.

Maybe I am misreading some of these posts by Huckleberry and others of similar opinions but I don't believe I am. They do not share the same feeling as you in not wanting anybody else to be their head coach next year (and they can't make the statements they've been making and say they do, even for next year, although they know he will be) and they are entitled to that feeling, thought or opinion.

As for your comments concerning Scott Frosts record it is what it is, there is no changing that and it isn't pretty, it is forever set in stone. But that's not what we are talking about is it. We are talking about what people think and feel and what their opinions are concerning the results/facts and where we are at in this present moment and again everyone is entitled to theirs. When people began to make definitive statements that they "feel" and "think" that we will never improve beyond where we're at with said coach because he has no idea what he is doing, will not get it done in the BIG Ten because..., is too stubborn or arrogant to make changes needed, etc, etc, etc, etc.......and therefor we need to move on to the next coach, that wreaks of arrogance and ego to me and YES that is my opinion and has nothing to do with getting in front of the facts. It may be a minority on this board but it is here and that is what I am responding to and yes that is how I feel about it. Have you even been reading some of the s@!t on here. Have a nice night DaysGoneBy.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, BackInTheDay said:

No coach in Nebraska football history had to take over for Mike Riley, who left a complete mess of a roster behind.

We've had talent issues for many years.....Corey Raymond referred to it when we played South Carolina in the bowl game.  Bob Diaco famously called it "the strain".

We've had several close losses under Frost that were blowouts under previous coaching.

Frost is doing as well on the recruiting trail and is actually knocking it out of the park with walk ons.  But these things are "behind the scenes".

Frost is absolutely making progress.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BackInTheDay said:

He received an extension 

On 12/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, N is for nowledge said:

I’ve seen across threads people blaming all of the current situation on mike Riley.  No Riley apologist but let’s be clear, Frost is cleaning up the mess of the last 20+ years.  That includes mr, bo, cally, and yes Solich.  As much good as TO did for our university as HC he really screwed it multiple times as an AD.  The administration also deserves as much blame as can be thrown their way.  

I know now this may hurt many of the bo apologists who think the man falls just short of god but thems the facts.  

It will take time and that’s because of the amount of damage that can occur over 4 coaches and 20+ years.

Every single time I read your post and then look up to find your user name, giggle, and just imagine a guy finishing a 1.75 of Windsor in his "heshed" out in the back yard.  Yelling at his streaming service issues with a pack of Winston no filters.  You are your own meme

17 hours ago, BackInTheDay said:

Question....did anyone in husker history lose 95% of the previous two yrs recruits in order to course correct culture?  How about correct roster mismanagement that had  been going on for the better part of 10 yrs?  Yeah didn’t think so.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, NowledgeableFan said:

Nebraska has had a couple of good coaches replaced - Solich and Bo.  Both winners.  Replacing coaches every few years has resulted in the current mess.  Leave Frost and staff alone and give them five years.  Stability is the answer.  

Bo was not a good head coach.  He was at the level he should be and is barely hanging onto that.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheSker said:

No coach in Nebraska football history had to take over for Mike Riley, who left a complete mess of a roster behind.

We've had talent issues for many years.....Corey Raymond referred to it when we played South Carolina in the bowl game.  Bob Diaco famously called it "the strain".

We've had several close losses under Frost that were blowouts under previous coaching.

Frost is doing as well on the recruiting trail and is actually knocking it out of the park with walk ons.  But these things are "behind the scenes".

Frost is absolutely making progress.

Again with the mike Riley blame.  If all frost had to fix was three years of mike Riley we’d be there already.  Blaming only MR diminishes the lift that this rebuild actually is.  Bo, previous admin, and yes even TO deserve as much if not more blame as does MR for the extent of the rebuild.  That was the whole premise of this thread and when you simply blame a 3 yr MR for all the ills of NU football you aren’t being honest with what the rebuild will require.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Again with the mike Riley blame.  If all frost had to fix was three years of mike Riley we’d be there already.  Blaming only MR diminishes the lift that this rebuild actually is.  Bo, previous admin, and yes even TO deserve as much if not more blame as does MR for the extent of the rebuild.  That was the whole premise of this thread and when you simply blame a 3 yr MR for all the ills of NU football you aren’t being honest with what the rebuild will require.

I've placed ample blame on the power struggle between. Tom Osborne and Harvey Perlman for many years.

Our personnel issues are more directly on Riley since college students don't have 15 years of eligibility.

Just now, TheSker said:

I've placed ample blame on the power struggle between. Tom Osborne and Harvey Perlman for many years.

Our personnel issues are more directly on Riley since college students don't have 15 years of eligibility.

When MR arrived we had two scholarship lbs returning, one they had to talk into coming back because bo had ruined him.  Personal issues and roster mismanagement have easily caused harm that still exists today, over the last 10 yrs.  with TO it isn’t just the pwr struggle but his god awful job as an AD, playing puppet master over the pgm from a distance.  Admin had no focus on athletics under pearl man and it showed.  With MR it was just as much as who was recruited as that many of them aren’t here anymore, for various reasons.  Point being frost essentially lost 95% of his upperclassmen and is working on rebuilding that roster.  Again, these are issues can’t be fixed in yr two. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

When MR arrived we had two scholarship lbs returning, one they had to talk into coming back because bo had ruined him.  Personal issues and roster mismanagement have easily caused harm that still exists today, over the last 10 yrs.  with TO it isn’t just the pwr struggle but his god awful job as an AD, playing puppet master over the pgm from a distance.  Admin had no focus on athletics under pearl man and it showed.  With MR it was just as much as who was recruited as that many of them aren’t here anymore, for various reasons.  Point being frost essentially lost 95% of his upperclassmen and is working on rebuilding that roster.  Again, these are issues can’t be fixed in yr two. 

Frost is here primarily with two thumbs up from Osborne after changes that included Perlman's retirement.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:15 PM, N is for nowledge said:

This.....tell me one other team, at any level.  They lose 2 oline, both rbs, 1000yd wr, and arguably our best most irreplaceable (given current roster) defender.  You take a look and go yep, that teams going to double their wins from last season.  I look at some of these responses as completely irrational.  Frost is fielding a team built largely on walkons, and soph and freshman.  Any upperclassmen was a MR guy with those issues to unpack.  Yes this will take time.  If you haven’t seen progress you either don’t want to in order to say I told you say, love being miserable, or aren’t looking very hard.

Well...we lost a 1000 yard rusher...a 1000 yard receiver...a starting center and tackle...two starters at LB and 3 starting DBs then lost our new center to an injury in the first game.  Started a Sophmore QB, a freshman feature back, a sophmore TE, a freshman center and a sophmore MLB along with a host of underclassmen all over the field.  The seniors on the team were all Rhoads recruits...whose coaching talent would be on par with Mike Riley I assume.  Yet the Iowa State coaching staff made it work.  Why can't Nebraska?  Your recruits are supposed to be better...your facilities are better...you have more money.  What's the deal?

Just saying...don't make excuses about inexperience being a major contributor to lack of success.  Other teams can, obviously, have success with the same lack of experienced players.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1