Frost will fix 20+ years of crap

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Who are those players?  I am looking for specific names.

there are none. maybe a couple of tight ends that didnt really fit. so i guess we'll have to go with he didnt even let pierson el play for him and only let morgan and reimers play one year. or maybe someone is like 5'2" and considered tyjon lindsey tall. or maybe it is all frost's fault for kj jrs problems.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, desertshox said:

there are none. maybe a couple of tight ends that didnt really fit. so i guess we'll have to go with he didnt even let pierson el play for him and only let morgan and reimers play one year. or maybe someone is like 5'2" and considered tyjon lindsey tall. or maybe it is all frost's fault for kj jrs problems.

Gebbia should have been moved to WR....

:sarcasm

• Fire 1
10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Except this isn't UCF joining the Big Ten.  Nebraska always wins the division in recruiting so it's not really comparable. 

This is pretty basic though - Until it's Top 25 offensive linemen recruits who have been in the weight room a couple years and are relatively developed, it doesn't matter what that you got some good QB, RB, WR, and secondary skill players.

If I'm looking to buy stock, I'm mashing the 'Market Buy' button on Nebraska right now and I'm bullish af looking at the linemen-in-waiting we have right now.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Except this isn't UCF joining the Big Ten.  Nebraska always wins the division in recruiting so it's not really comparable. 

We do only in signing day.  MR and BO both had us on a self imposed probation because they’d go after several recruits that never made it here.  Factored into signing day results but in the end never made it.  Think Harrison, or the Edna kart boys for bo as examples or blades for MR.  and it happened every yr.

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

Any posts that indicate roster flipping wasn't needed are mostly worth ignoring.

Riley's final farewell was a 42 point loss to Iowa.  Good times.....

Like most others, I wish a couple of the one score games this past season would have went in our favor, but they didn't.  

Frost's first recruiting class has also turned out less than stellar.....but they are doing what seems to be a great job now at identifying position need and highly rated players to fill those needs.

His first recruiting class was also a scramble, like other first yr coaches, and they missed on some.  It happens and happens more in yr one than it should in later full cycles.  

• Plus1 1

The strange and head-scratching comments here blaming frost for depth and roster mgmt....my only explanation is they quite literally just started following Nebraska football 18 months ago.  The whole point of this thread was to detail the roster and mgmt deficiencies that had impacted the pgm to a systemic level.  Frost is fixing those and are larger than many of you care to acknowledge, that doesn’t make it any less of a lift.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

Again, we will know in a couple years if Frost gets the systemic lift Nebraska needs. He's not going anywhere. 

But some of us who've been following Husker football since the days of Larry Frost expected Scott Frost to do a little better with what he was given. 

You know who else expected Scott Frost to do better?

Scott Frost.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, we will know in a couple years if Frost gets the systemic lift Nebraska needs. He's not going anywhere. 

But some of us who've been following Husker football since the days of Larry Frost expected Scott Frost to do a little better with what he was given. 

You know who else expected Scott Frost to do better?

Scott Frost.

I’m sure he’s very appreciative for the massive culture overhaul, facilities upgrade, and a roster that is 70-80% underclassmen and walkons.  Did i mention lacked depth at almost every position on the field...no, well add that on too.  Year two folks and many of you act like he came in with some sort of magic wand that would solve 20 yrs of garbage in 18 months.  Newsflash, head coach Scott Frost is not Houdini...you heard it here first.

• Plus1 1