Frost will fix 20+ years of crap

On 12/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

In the AAC.  Too bad it wasn't in the ACC.  Or SEC.  Or even the Big 12.   Not gonna happen in the Big 10, which I'd love to be wrong about.

How many Nebraska teams in the last 5 years would’ve gone undefeated in the AAC, a league who’s West division rated higher than both ACC and one PAC12 Division this year and has 3 in the top 25?

I’ll tell you right now: zero

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Except this isn't UCF joining the Big Ten.  Nebraska always wins the division in recruiting so it's not really comparable. 

That logic flies out the window when you have the roster turnover that happened when Frost took over. 

when you have a football team with very little to no upper class leadership on the field, good results are much harder to come by quickly. 

The good thing is, we continue to improve in recruiting with good young players coming in. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Sure seemed heavily implied.

The need for the large player turnover is the bad thing.

Frost spurring the large player turnover is not a bad thing.

The first statement is not caused by Frost.  The second one is the result of the first and was needed to move the program forward even though it ultimately lead to a longer time frame till ultimate success (hopefully).

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The need for the large player turnover is the bad thing.

Frost spurring the large player turnover is not a bad thing.

The first statement is not caused by Frost.  The second one is the result of the first and was needed to move the program forward even though it ultimately lead to a longer time frame till ultimate success (hopefully).

There wasn't a need.  It was the transition strategy Frost chose and it failed miserably. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

He was a Frost recruit from the 2018 class who didn't pan out.  There seems to be thoughts that Frost ran off Riley guys when it wasn't necessary.  I am looking for specific examples of those guys.

Right, I'm just scanning for taller receivers who have left. Riley didn't exactly stock the cupboard with those guys, so I have no idea who is being referenced either.

• Plus1 2

I'm sure nobody on this board or in all of sports had a better idea of what Nebraskans expected, what Big 10 play demanded, and what the new head coach had to work with than Scott Frost. 

Let's not pretend the level of Big 10 play caught him off-guard, or that Nebraska would have fared better in the Pac 12 or the Big 12. It's all big boy football that requires depth because injuries are 100% guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Right, I'm just scanning for taller receivers who have left. Riley didn't exactly stock the cupboard with those guys, so I have no idea who is being referenced either.

Any posts that indicate roster flipping wasn't needed are mostly worth ignoring.

Riley's final farewell was a 42 point loss to Iowa.  Good times.....

Like most others, I wish a couple of the one score games this past season would have went in our favor, but they didn't.  

Frost's first recruiting class has also turned out less than stellar.....but they are doing what seems to be a great job now at identifying position need and highly rated players to fill those needs.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1