The Political Cartoon Thread

20 hours ago, funhusker said:

I think everyone gets it.  But the point is that a bad man made a comment like that and is being used as satire to point out how ridiculous Trump is.  

It’s also ironic because it’s true.

So basically Cheney is bad to 4th degree and Trump to the 10th degree

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This is why I have said we should get to pick our age!  Age, like gender, is a social construct

https://socialsci.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Sociology/Introduction_to_Sociology/Sociology_(Boundless)/18%3A_Aging/18.02%3A_A_Global_Perspective_on_Aging/18.2A%3A_The_Social_Construction_of_Aging#:~:text=Key Points,tend to highly value youth.

Key Points. Age is socially constructed because notions of age vary around the world. Different cultures fix age with different meanings and different values. Eastern cultures tend to highly value age and wisdom, while Western cultures tend to highly value youth.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not really a cartoon but thought I'd throw this in here as I know we've mentioned it a couple times.

lz6l40qs6qqc1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=a46130a6f

I've posted about it before but just looked it up again. My farming cousins complain about welfare and freeloaders on FB sometimes. The data on subsidies is available online. One of them has received $360K since 1995 and $60K since 2019. The other has received $270K and $25K.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1