The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What a clown.  I guess we can assume he will wear a mask forever in public now since he has no right to breathe on anyone 

He didn’t say anything about breathing.  Holden is the clown here for manipulating what Lieu said.  Anyone familiar with respiratory droplets and/or “saliva” viral spread should know that coughing, sneezing and sometimes speaking are how it’s done.  Not normal breathing unless, I suppose you’re uncomfortably close to someone’s face.  

I agree that Holden twisted the quote for clicks.

But I will also posit that Congressman Lieu seems to be advocating mandatory masks in any public setting. We could just make it never-ending I guess. And double masks, just in case. Whenever you leave your domicile or car. I suppose that would be one way to fight the saliva super spreaders Mr Lieu references. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

But I will also posit that Congressman Lieu seems to be advocating mandatory masks in any public setting. We could just make it never-ending I guess. And double masks, just in case. Whenever you leave your domicile or car. I suppose that would be one way to fight the saliva super spreaders Mr Lieu references. 

I snore bad enough that I probably am going to be told I have to wear two masks while sleeping too.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

i assume he is talking about masking up during the covid surge.   this varient seems to be kicking a$$ and taking names.   at least we have approximately 60% of the population immunized.    i would hate to see this strain happening with no viable vaccines in place

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I’ll add that distance from others is even more important, but I fear that we as a society tend to forget about this and just focus on mask vs no mask.  If I lived in one of the hotbeds now, I’d think twice about going out.  As much as it would suck.  

20 minutes ago, commando said:

i assume he is talking about masking up during the covid surge.   this varient seems to be kicking a$$ and taking names.   at least we have approximately 60% of the population immunized.    i would hate to see this strain happening with no viable vaccines in place

It happened in India.  I believe that population is around 8% fully vaccinated.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That's it. I'm going to stop covering my mouth or turning my head when I sneeze and cough.  This is America, motherf#&%ers. 

I don't encounter many of these folks. Most everyone is pretty common courtesy conscious, around here at least. 

8 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I’ll add that distance from others is even more important, but I fear that we as a society tend to forget about this and just focus on mask vs no mask.  If I lived in one of the hotbeds now, I’d think twice about going out.  As much as it would suck.  

Agree here, but we are social animals.

• Plus1 1

Walmarts here in Omaha are back to masks, for the workers.  

I am telling you, if you want to see s#!t start to get real ugly, wait for remote learning to happen again.  Parents figured out how annoying their kids were last year and if that s#!t has to happen again, it will be a madhouse.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok….

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30514-2/fulltext

Infection control guidelines have stated that most respiratory virus transmission occurs from large infected droplets produced by coughing, sneezing, and breathing in close proximity to another person.

I agree and that’s essentially what I stated.   Although I would argue that sneezing, coughing, speaking >>>normal breathing as far as viral transmission goes.   What was Ted Lieu specifically referring to?  I guess we don’t know.  But Holden manipulated words just like many on social media do just to make someone look bad and it’s really annoying.