The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

35 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't watch him or Fox...so I only go by public opinion and believe he is shady. But, in that clip, what did he say that was wrong, or made up, or even misleading? All those things happened. He quoted the CDC. 

people hate him because he likes to question things, it is the entire purpose of his show. With covid he has portrayed vaccine hesitancy but I again dont see an issue with having hesitancy. Shouldnt we all be somewhat hesitant when getting an experimental EUA vaccine? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't watch him or Fox...so I only go by public opinion and believe he is shady. But, in that clip, what did he say that was wrong, or made up, or even misleading? All those things happened. He quoted the CDC. 

You do understand that the vaccine still protects you right?  It also protects others.  Vaccinated individuals are not as likely to spread the virus as unvaccinated.  That's been misinterpreted.    So he's wrong there.

Things change and so we need to adapt.  If the winds change battling a forest fire do they keep with the same strategy.  Maybe if this f#&%wad hadn't sowed the seeds of doubt day after day we'd not be facing the need to mask up again.   

You could have hot dogs on the 4th of July.  He's wrong there.

I couldn't handle his voice past the 40 second mark.  Do you need any other examples of what was wrong, misleading, or disingenuous?  If you do I'll bow up and press on past the 40 second mark.    

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You do understand that the vaccine still protects you right?  It also protects others.  Vaccinated individuals are not as likely to spread the virus as unvaccinated.  That's been misinterpreted.    So he's wrong there.

Things change and so we need to adapt.  If the winds change battling a forest fire do they keep with the same strategy.  Maybe if this f#&%wad hadn't sowed the seeds of doubt day after day we'd not be facing the need to mask up again.   

You could have hot dogs on the 4th of July.  He's wrong there.

I couldn't handle his voice past the 40 second mark.  Do you need any other examples of what was wrong, misleading, or disingenuous?  If you do I'll bow up and press on past the 40 second mark.    

I understand that the vaccine helps protect me. I can say with 99% certainty that I got mine before you. This isn't personal, so don't make it that way.

Tucker was recorded on the day this came out 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/politics/cdc-masks-covid-19-infections/index.html

So...you make think that this was "misinterpreted" but read what it says.

Yeah, I had hot dogs on the 4th...just like in 2020...and 2019...2018 etc. It had nothing to do with being vaccinated though.

Anyone that doesn't fall in line, or tow the company line, is a f@$kwad in your opinion. I prefer to form an opinion after gathering as much information as possible, and try to gleam that info from varied sources...regardless of which "side" they come from. But you do you.

And your final thoughts are about his voice?? :facepalm:

Okay.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I understand that the vaccine helps protect me. I can say with 99% certainty that I got mine before you. This isn't personal, so don't make it that way.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/politics/cdc-masks-covid-19-infections/index.html

Yeah, I had hot dogs on the 4th...just like in 2020...and 2019...2018 etc. It had nothing to do with being vaccinated though.

Anyone that doesn't fall in line, or tow the company line, is a f@$kwad in your opinion. I prefer to form an opinion after gathering as much information as possible, and try to gleam that info from varied sources...regardless of which "side" they come from. But you do you.

Okay.

You're ok with a guy spreading disinformation under the guise of "just asking questions" which has led to the deaths of God knows how many Americans and you're triggered by me referring to him as a f#&%wad?   :facepalm:

Okay. 

• Plus1 3
18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Okay.

As to the link you posted, at this time, that pertains to breakthrough cases.

From your link:

"And if vaccinated people get infected anyway, they have as much virus in their bodies as unvaccinated people. That means they’re as likely to infect someone else as unvaccinated people who get infected."

That's for breakthrough cases.  Not everyone who is vaccinated.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

"The data reported from these states indicate that breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are extremely rare events among those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see Figure 1). The rate of breakthrough cases reported among those fully vaccinated is well below 1% in all reporting states, ranging from 0.01% in Connecticut to 0.90% in Oklahoma."

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

As to the link you posted, at this time, that pertains to breakthrough cases.

From your link:

"And if vaccinated people get infected anyway, they have as much virus in their bodies as unvaccinated people. That means they’re as likely to infect someone else as unvaccinated people who get infected."

That's for breakthrough cases.  Not everyone who is vaccinated.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

"The data reported from these states indicate that breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are extremely rare events among those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see Figure 1). The rate of breakthrough cases reported among those fully vaccinated is well below 1% in all reporting states, ranging from 0.01% in Connecticut to 0.90% in Oklahoma."

Thanks for link on breakthrough cases. Did I miss that in the CNN release? Or did you have to find that somewhere else...?

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

people hate him because he likes to question things, it is the entire purpose of his show. With covid he has portrayed vaccine hesitancy but I again dont see an issue with having hesitancy. Shouldnt we all be somewhat hesitant when getting an experimental EUA vaccine? 

I think the time to question the vaccine was earlier in the year. How many millions have gotten it now without incident? It's pretty clear that it contains no microchips and is equivalent to a flu or other vaccination in side effects.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

I think the time to question the vaccine was earlier in the year. How many millions have gotten it now without incident? It's pretty clear that it contains no microchips and is equivalent to a flu or other vaccination in side effects.

No microchip?  Than how do I know you are a Husker fan that lives in/near Detroit??  Hmmm?  Hmmm?

• Oh Yeah! 1
58 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Added in both appropriate threads 

I can see arguments for both Abbott and Biden’s perspective.  But we need to realize these are migrants that have already been “booked” and will be awaitingimmigration hearings.  The feds aren’t suing to keep LEOs from apprehending people at the border crossing illegally.

• Plus1 2