The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Looks like the story if false.   Wonder why that would be?

I don't know if it's true or false.  I actually hope it is false.  I'd hate to think we have that big of a douche on the highest court.

But why should I believe a Twitter guy who just says "Fact Check: It's 100% false" with zero other information over a guy who has a wife that apparently works in the court?

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't know if it's true or false.  I actually hope it is false.  I'd hate to think we have that big of a douche on the highest court.

But why should I believe a Twitter guy who just says "Fact Check: It's 100% false" with zero other information over a guy who has a wife that apparently works in the court?

1) twitter guy clerked or worked under Gorsuch (I know, potential bias there but also a good source).  So he’s not really not just a twitter guy in this instance.  

2) Shannon Bream, Supreme Court corespondent,  reported the same thing.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

1) twitter guy clerked or worked under Gorsuch (I know, potential bias there but also a good source).  So he’s not really not just a twitter guy in this instance.  

2) Shannon Bream, Supreme Court corespondent,  reported the same thing.  

This would make his statement more believable if he just didn't assume everyone knew who he was.

Like I said, I really hope Gorsuch isn't that crappy of a person.  But I do wonder why everyone else started wearing a mask again recently except for Gorsuch.  I know many of the people that I work with that are vaccinated and boosted and stopped wearing masks in schools when given the choice.  The only reason they put them back on now is because they were mandated, but they would have been okay wearing them if asked.  But I work with pretty good people. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This would make his statement more believable if he just didn't assume everyone knew who he was.

Like I said, I really hope Gorsuch isn't that crappy of a person.  But I do wonder why everyone else started wearing a mask again recently except for Gorsuch.  I know many of the people that I work with that are vaccinated and boosted and stopped wearing masks in schools when given the choice.  The only reason they put them back on now is because they were mandated, but they would have been okay wearing them if asked.  But I work with pretty good people. 

This is where I am.  I wear it because we have to and I would wear it if asked...but otherwise I am done with them.  We have to wear the KN95 ones and they are f#&%ing annoying to have on all day.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

This is where I am.  I wear it because we have to and I would wear it if asked...but otherwise I am done with them.  We have to wear the KN95 ones and they are f#&%ing annoying to have on all day.

Me too.  I started the year wearing one all the time.  But then realized I vaccinated and boosted and the kids I teach are also able to be vaccinated.  I stopped wearing it unless I was in close proximity to students who were still wearing them.  I just assumed it would make them more comfortable if I put it on.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Ya, I had to look at his twitter bio to see his background.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

Media bias and a rush to report. Gotta read both sides and assume the truth is somewhere in the middle. It’s the world we live in. And yes I believe NPR and FOX are both bias, along with many others. I am sure both orgs have ethical reporters, but the number is dwindling.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, nic said:

Media bias and a rush to report. Gotta read both sides and assume the truth is somewhere in the middle. It’s the world we live in. And yes I believe NPR and FOX are both bias, along with many others. I am sure both orgs have ethical reporters, but the number is dwindling.

NPR is not biased, and not in the same realm as Fox. 

Don't confuse a misquote or a misunderstanding with bias. Not everything is an attack on someone.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, I had to look at his twitter bio to see his background.  

Can those of us that don't have Twitter do that?  The only interactions I ever have with Twitter are the ones people post on here.  I'm kind of a curmudgeon when it comes to social media...

Just now, funhusker said:

Can those of us that don't have Twitter do that?  The only interactions I ever have with Twitter are the ones people post on here.  I'm kind of a curmudgeon when it comes to social media...

Twitter is great, especially for breaking news. If you don't like something, you either block it or don't follow it. If something really annoys you, you can filter it out entirely.

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I believe so, in the meantime if you ever want to know I would be happy to help you look into anything twitter related. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Yeah, I'm going with NPR's Tottenberg who has years and years of Supreme Court exposure and contacts vs. some guy named Mike.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

NPR is not biased, and not in the same realm as Fox. 

Don't confuse a misquote or a misunderstanding with bias. Not everything is an attack on someone.

I disagree, but do agree that incompetence in the media is also an option.

The two justices put out a joint statement saying it’s false. Will NPR print a retraction? This is from FOX so don’t bother to read it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sotomayor-gorsuch-dispute-npr-report-masking