The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wow...

I think here in Omaha we are going to stay masked a school for the rest of the year.

Our school district just lifted the school mask mandate this week but is encouraging kids to wear masks if they want to. My daughter wants to keep wearing her mask, but my son is not going to wear his anymore.

9 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

:lol: Perfect.

Joe Rogan is a moron. His podcast is sometimes interesting to listen to, but he's just another out of touch rich guy at this point. I don't understand how he became some bastion of the disaffected working class white male.

That said, Spotify shouldn't have just removed all those episodes, a simple disclaimer that it's an opinion type show would have been fine. But nothing at all would have been better.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Joe Rogan is a moron. His podcast is sometimes interesting to listen to, but he's just another out of touch rich guy at this point. I don't understand how he became some bastion of the disaffected working class white male.

That said, Spotify shouldn't have just removed all those episodes, a simple disclaimer that it's an opinion type show would have been fine. But nothing at all would have been better.

Meh. He's not a moron. Far from it. And he's better at the podcast thing than anyone else. Also, the rich guy/working class comment is hilariously predictable at this point. I'd imagine the demographics of his listening audience is as, or more diverse than almost any other podcast. Personally, I find him to be a breath of fresh air, and pretty damn genuine. That's where he draws people.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Meh. He's not a moron. Far from it. And he's better at the podcast thing than anyone else. Also, the rich guy/working class comment is hilariously predictable at this point. I'd imagine the demographics of his listening audience is as, or more diverse than almost any other podcast. Personally, I find him to be a breath of fresh air, and pretty damn genuine. That's where he draws people.

I'm not surprised that you would like him that much. He seems like he'd be right up your in alley based on what you post about here. I do agree with quite a few of things he says but he's still a moron, an honest moron, but a moron none the less.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, ZRod said:

I'm not surprised that you would like him that much. He seems like he'd be right up your in alley based on what you post about here. I do agree with quite a few of things he says but he's still a moron, an honest moron, but a moron none the less.

He and I agree on almost nothing politically, so I don't know how you'd come to that conclusion.  I enjoy the variety of topics he covers, and he's a fantastic long form interviewer. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

He and I agree on almost nothing politically, so I don't know how you'd come to that conclusion.  I enjoy the variety of topics he covers, and he's a fantastic long form interviewer. 

Ok. I agree he is a good interviewer because he actually listens to his guests and let's them speak. 

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't listen to Joe Rogen, when my friends that like him ask why I don't give him a chance I always told him b/c I don't need the guy that got people to eat horse d!(k for money to have an influence on me.

That said I also saw a tweet yesterday that I can't find now, but the jist was one of the best things about America is you are allowed to be an individual to be weird to think something different. The people mad at Rogen want uniformity, they want you to take the activist journalist class as gospel. They want you to think and act exactly like them. Sure Joe isn't an academic, doesn't get everything right, is kind of a dummy, but he is liked b/c he doesn't parrot the approved media taking points, from either side. He asks questions that normal dudes think about not ones put together by a corporate producer.

I personally think that his podcast is a good thing and I also never plan on listening to his podcast. I also think that the people pushing for him to be de-platformed are in the wrong and are actually dangerous to our society. Far more dangerous than Joe.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Our school district just lifted the school mask mandate this week but is encouraging kids to wear masks if they want to. My daughter wants to keep wearing her mask, but my son is not going to wear his anymore.

I would be shocked if that happens here but maybe!

16 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Sure Joe isn't an academic, doesn't get everything right, is kind of a dummy, but he is liked b/c he doesn't parrot the approved media taking points, from either side. He asks questions that normal dudes think about not ones put together by a corporate producer.

Sounds like Howard Stern.  

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What?

Reading through that, it looks like Snowden is condemning the people who are pushing back against Rogen and at the same time, pointing out that he's not someone to take seriously for information.

Exactly.

He's a comedian, who is curious, and  likes aliens, history, psychedelic drugs, and talks to super interesting guests. He also has a healthy distrust of government/the establishment. Take him for what he is, and enjoy what he does. Because there's nobody better at it (podcasting).

• Plus1 1