The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It makes sense and was ignorant for the CDC/Surgeon General/Task Force/Fauci/ANY Doctor time say otherwise back in March.  I know why they said that, but it was huge stupid and lasting mistake. 

If you know why they said it at the time, you wouldn't be blaming them for the current situation.

Or...you can listen to and believe the over grown Cheeto child who demonizes the scientists every chance he can.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Wow! This convo went a totally different direction than I thought it would. I think people for the most part trust doctors. I don't trust state governments and other powers that be to not manipulate pandemic numbers to achieve a desired policy outcome. The idea that Iowa, in the middle of the country, is the only one reporting significant FLU activity and none of the surrounding states are is suspect to me. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you know why they said it at the time, you wouldn't be blaming them for the current situation.

Or...you can listen to and believe the over grown Cheeto child who demonizes the scientists every chance he can.

My apologies..meant to type out that “it doesn’t make any sense and it was ignorant for the wizards of smart to not recommend mask wearing in March.  I know why they said it, and so does everyone else too and it still doesn’t make it right.  They were wrong at the time.   Should have been recommending face coverings since the beginning.  Maybe that would have helped prevent the northeast seeding across the country in March and April.    

I don’t blame anyone in particular for the current situation.  we are dealing with a highly transmittable virus that has a relatively low death rate and 20-40% asymptomatic rate.  Tough to control, see Europe as an example.  We might live in the most free society on Earth which means we will be the most susceptible, even with the best healthcare, because of the lack of appetite/laws for lockdowns.  

Trump should have been actively recommending face mask wearing, but what other tangible items should he have done that he didn’t do?  He can’t implement a nationwide mask mandate. 

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes I will and it's totally appropriate.  This friggen idiot still is the leading cheer leader AGAINST listening to scientists.  Everyone you listed are problems.  But, he is the leader of the country and he has COMPLETELY failed in his duty for that office.  

And in 2 months he will be gone and the country will still be stuck with clowns doctors on TV and the clown media who say it’s ok to mass gather as long as your intentions fit the correct narrative and clown public policy and elected folks who have two sets of rules and what you are allowed to do.  

Which means the public trust continues to erode.  It has gotten so bad with orange man bad dolts that they have successfully eroded the public’s confidence in a vaccine which is our only way out of this situation.  Trump derangement folks have actually become anti-Vaxers which is unfortunate 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My apologies..meant to type out that “it doesn’t make any sense and it was ignorant for the wizards of smart to not recommend mask wearing in March.  I know why they said it, and so does everyone else too and it still doesn’t make it right.  They were wrong at the time.   Should have been recommending face coverings since the beginning.  Maybe that would have helped prevent the northeast seeding across the country in March and April.    

They said that because people were hoarding face masks that were needed by health care workers and first responders.  They told the public not to go buy them because these people needed them more.  We had nurses and doctors making their own masks instead of using ones that scientifically were made for their jobs.

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump should have been actively recommending face mask wearing, but what other tangible items should he have done that he didn’t do?  He can’t implement a nationwide mask mandate. 

You have got to be kidding me?

He has mocked and ridiculed people for wearing masks.

He has demonized scientists who have talked about the severity of the pandemic.

He has held large gatherings (rallies) in hot spots knowing his worshipers would love that he's balking against science.

He's openly supported violence against state politicians who have tried mandating masks and social distancing.

When the pandemic first started, he claimed it was nothing but a liberal hoax.

His worshipers STILL believe all of these things.  Some of them have gone as far as planned violence against politicians who try to do the right things.  I don't think he has EVER condemned their actions.

This question from you is absolutely amazing.  He needed to be the leader and example for the country.  Instead, he used the pandemic for nothing more than political gain.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

clowns doctors on TV and the clown media who say it’s ok to mass gather

This must be on Fox News or OANN.  I haven't seen any Drs or news media people on stations I watch saying any of those things.

If that's where you are hearing those things, maybe you should not watch those networks.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, maybe he shouldn't have disbanded the pandemic response team Obama had put together. Or called the virus a hoax for weeks back in the spring. Those are two things that Trump literally just had to do nothing at all to accomplish.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They said that because people were hoarding face masks that were needed by health care workers and first responders.  They told the public not to go buy them because these people needed them more.  We had nurses and doctors making their own masks instead of using ones that scientifically were made for their jobs.

You have got to be kidding me?

He has mocked and ridiculed people for wearing masks.

He has demonized scientists who have talked about the severity of the pandemic.

He has held large gatherings (rallies) in hot spots knowing his worshipers would love that he's balking against science.

He's openly supported violence against state politicians who have tried mandating masks and social distancing.

When the pandemic first started, he claimed it was nothing but a liberal hoax.

His worshipers STILL believe all of these things.  Some of them have gone as far as planned violence against politicians who try to do the right things.  I don't think he has EVER condemned their actions.

This question from you is absolutely amazing.  He needed to be the leader and example for the country.  Instead, he used the pandemic for nothing more than political gain.

You are correct.  The public health officials blatently lied about the efficacy of masks and put the public in harms way.  There was a much better solution to that crisis and the people we were supposed to trust chose the wrong route.  It’s insane you don’t see that, but again oranges man bad I guess.  

I would ask once more, what tangible policy did Trump not put into place that you or the experts wanted?  Remember now, the wizards of smart already told us in the summer that mass gatherings were now ok as long as they were for the right reason. 

Trump did not openly support violence against state politicians.  But go ahead and throw out false allegations because ya know, Orange man bad.

its also false, even left wing fact checkers like Politifact have agreed, that Trump never said COVID-19 was a hoax. But again, Claim false things because orange man bad 

The militia idiots in Michigan actually hated Trump too as shown by their social media posts. But you don’t add that because it goes against your narrative. 

And BTW...every single Democrat governor in a hard hit state early in the Pandemic praised the Trump Admin’s response to their needs.  It’s funny how their tune changed once the election season came around. 

I have agreed that the mask communication was terrible and it could be why he lost the election.  But policy wise, what else should he have done?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This must be on Fox News or OANN.  I haven't seen any Drs or news media people on stations I watch saying any of those things.

If that's where you are hearing those things, maybe you should not watch those networks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/Epidemiologists-coronavirus-protests-quarantine.amp.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/officials-lockdowns-protesters-exception

this just gives you a taste of what was said, which you already knew.  If you have Twitter, go look up Drew Holden.  He has a long thread of video clips from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBsNews, Foxnews with both physicians, media, and elected officials saying more of the same. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Well, maybe he shouldn't have disbanded the pandemic response team Obama had put together. Or called the virus a hoax for weeks back in the spring. Those are two things that Trump literally just had to do nothing at all to accomplish.

He didn’t calm the virus a hoax from the beginning and that has been fact checked.  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fact-check-biden-ad-misleadingly-suggests-trump-called-covid-19-a-hoax/ar-BB199rpw

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/08/ask-politifact-are-you-sure-donald-trump-didnt-cal/

not sure why you feel the need to post obvious falsehoods. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

His actions speak louder than his words. Or, in this case, his inactions. 230,000 Americans are dead because trump didn't take COVID-19 seriously. Use of this or that word doesn't absolve the blood on trump's hands, or the blood on the hands of his supporters and enablers.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/Epidemiologists-coronavirus-protests-quarantine.amp.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/officials-lockdowns-protesters-exception

this just gives you a taste of what was said, which you already knew.  If you have Twitter, go look up Drew Holden.  He has a long thread of video clips from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBsNews, Foxnews with both physicians, media, and elected officials saying more of the same. 

You're right.  Some "doctors" said some wrong things about the protests.  Interestingly.....in all of those pictures of the protests, almost all of them at least have a mask on and are outside.  Meanwhile, the leader of our country is holding INDOOR rallies without mandating masks while mocking people who wear masks.  HMmmmm....I wonder why Trumpees don't think they need to wear masks at his rallies???  Care to guess?

Funny thing though is.....the vast majority of scientists and DRs were always and still are preaching to wear masks and social distance.  Meanwhile Cheeto man still doesn't give a s#!t.

43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump did not openly support violence against state politicians.  But go ahead and throw out false allegations because ya know, Orange man bad.

Yes....Orange Cheeto man is bad.  

LINK

Mr. Trump himself has urged supporters to push Whitmer to reopen the state following COVID-19 restrictions. And 14 men have been charged in connection with an alleged plot to kidnap the governor.

If you don't think these idiots didn't think they were following Trump's orders....you're blind.

LINK

Whitmer has been a frequent target for Trump during the pandemic — he’s previously criticized her state’s coronavirus-related restrictions as too strict and called on people to “Liberate Michigan.”

The day after Trump encouraged his supporters at a rally in the state who were chanting “lock her up” as an attack on Whitmer, the Democrat governor responded with a plea to lower the political volume.

Yep...if you don't think so....you're blind.

its also false, even left wing fact checkers like Politifact have agreed, that Trump never said COVID-19 was a hoax. But again, Claim false things because orange man bad 

LINK

Funny thing.....I've heard a lot of Trumpees claiming it's all a hoax.  Now...that might not have been teh exact words he used....but...Wonder where they got the idea in their pea brains.

The militia idiots in Michigan actually hated Trump too as shown by their social media posts. But you don’t add that because it goes against your narrative. 

LOL.....that's funny.

And BTW...every single Democrat governor in a hard hit state early in the Pandemic praised the Trump Admin’s response to their needs.  It’s funny how their tune changed once the election season came around. 

Interestingly....they learned early on that if they didn't, they didn't get the help they needed.  If you criticized anything he threw a temper tantrum and didn't help you.

Gee....what do you think they are going to say?

• Plus1 1

@Archy1221  While googling this, I found this article interesting.  It's a nice long read.

LINK

How about if he just wouldn't have lied so much about it?

I found this one interesting.

When: Multiple times
The claim: The media is overblowing fears about the virus ahead of Election Day.
The truth: There is no media conspiracy to hype up the virus threat. Cases and hospitalizations are rising across the country, and America set and broke multiple daily case records during the last week of October, nearing 100,000 cases in a single day on Friday.

He likes to say this about the time he's mocking people for wearing masks...many times at his super spreader rallies.

Here's a good one.  It's self explanatory why this is so damaging to the idea of listening to science.

When: Multiple times
The claim: A CDC study shows that “85 percent of the people wearing masks catch” the virus.
The truth: The CDC study that the president cited in interviews does not suggest that people who wear masks get the virus at higher rates than those who don’t, CNN reported. The lie also distorts the purpose of mask-wearing, which is chiefly to protect other people from the virus, not to protect only the mask-wearer herself.

Oh....

When: Tuesday, March 17
The claim: “I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”
The truth: Trump has repeatedly downplayed the significance of COVID-19 as outbreaks began stateside. From calling criticism of his handling of the virus a “hoax,” to comparing the coronavirus to a common flu, to worrying about letting sick Americans off cruise ships because they would increase the number of confirmed cases, Trump has used his public statements to send mixed messages and sow doubt about the outbreak’s seriousness.

Gee......imagine if he hadn't downplayed it so often.

• Plus1 2

Again...sewing doubt in his worshiper's minds to not believe anything that disagrees with him about the virus.

Another claim: “One bad” study from the Department of Veterans Affairs that found no benefit among veterans who took hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 was run by “people that aren’t big Trump fans.” The study “was a Trump-enemy statement.”
The truth: There’s no evidence that the study was a political plot orchestrated by Trump opponents, and it reached similar conclusions as other observational reports. The VA study was led by independent researchers from the University of Virginia and the University of South Carolina with a grant from the National Institutes of Health.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

His actions speak louder than his words. Or, in this case, his inactions. 230,000 Americans are dead because trump didn't take COVID-19 seriously. Use of this or that word doesn't absolve the blood on trump's hands, or the blood on the hands of his supporters and enablers.

Did Europe take COVID-19 serious?  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102288/coronavirus-deaths-development-europe/

Yes you did read that correctly. Over 330,000 deaths due to Covid-19 and some of the countries cause of death standards for COVID are nothing like ours.  

I have zero blood on my hands.  Maybe you are just projecting. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1