The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Which is more likely? This, or that everyone else is reporting flu cases as Covid...?

Or...since there are tests for COVID "and" tests for Influenza A and B, maybe the Dr's are looking at the results and recording the data they are actually seeing.

I wish people would trust medical professionals again.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Or...since there are tests for COVID "and" tests for Influenza A and B, maybe the Dr's are looking at the results and recording the data they are actually seeing.

I wish people would trust medical professionals again.

How many people really trusted them in the first place? Maybe trust isn't the correct word, but how many people really listen to them? Look at our population, a lot of people do whatever they want even though it is detrimental to their health. At times it has to be a depressing line of work. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, jaws said:

How many people really trusted them in the first place? Maybe trust isn't the correct word, but how many people really listen to them? Look at our population, a lot of people do whatever they want even though it is detrimental to their health. At times it has to be a depressing line of work. 

I guess this is true...

Dr: "You need to change your diet or you'll die."

Patient: "Well life isn't worth living without red meat and apple pie!"

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, jaws said:

I think most people trust them when things aren't politicized. But if you're addicted to something (food, alcohol, drugs) it doesn't matter whether you believe the doctor.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think most people trust them when things aren't politicized. But if you're addicted to something (food, alcohol, drugs) it doesn't matter whether you believe the doctor.

I think a lot of people "trust" doctors until they ask them to change their lifestyle or way of thinking. Most of the time it has nothing to do with politics. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, jaws said:

I think a lot of people "trust" doctors until they ask them to change their lifestyle or way of thinking. Most of the time it has nothing to do with politics. 

Ya I disagree with that. I think most people trust doctors, but are still incapable/unwilling to make changes.

25 minutes ago, jaws said:

In normal every day life, listening to Dr's has nothing to do with politics.

Unfortunately, we have a blubbering idiot in the WH that has made this issue political.  That's caused millions of people to trust a blubbering idiot more than health professionals.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unfortunately, we have a blubbering idiot in the WH that has made this issue political.  That's caused millions of people to trust a blubbering idiot more than health professionals.  

The people that trust the president for medical advice were probably not trusting doctors as a whole before this all started. There are many people that think things like essential oils cure everything. 

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ya I disagree with that. I think most people trust doctors, but are still incapable/unwilling to make changes.

You may be right. Trust seems like it would be hard to measure and would rely on anecdotal evidence. 

6 minutes ago, jaws said:

The people that trust the president for medical advice were probably not trusting doctors as a whole before this all started. There are many people that think things like essential oils cure everything. 

I believe there's a much higher percentage of Americans that fall into this category since Trump took office than before.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unfortunately we also have blubbering MD idiots playing doctor on TV and blubbering idiots playing media personality on TV who literally said that it was ok to mass gather in the summer because they were gathering for a greater cause!   We also have blubbering Democrat politicians who joined the protests and locked down churches, schools (which is actually Anti-science as shown by numerous studies and CDC/WHO/Trump coronavirus task force officials/Biden transition task force officials) who allowed family members to travel (see IL Gov) while locking everyone down, who are currently traveling to Hawaii (see California politicians) while locking down their state, that caused more harm for mask and social distance compliance than anything else to date.  The actual experts we are supposed to have guide us, had different rules for the rioters and protesters, family members than the rest of society.  

Blame Trump all you want, but these other clowns have done more damage and that damage will last into the next time we are all supposed to listen to the experts. 

BTw..I wear a mask everyday when in-doors at a place of business and I believe everyone else should too.  It makes sense and was ignorant for the CDC/Surgeon General/Task Force/Fauci/ANY Doctor time say otherwise back in March.  I know why they said that, but it was huge stupid and lasting mistake. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Blame Trump all you want,

Yes I will and it's totally appropriate.  This friggen idiot still is the leading cheer leader AGAINST listening to scientists.  Everyone you listed are problems.  But, he is the leader of the country and he has COMPLETELY failed in his duty for that office.  

• Plus1 7