The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Remember what I said above about those state leaders you claim were praising him?

When: Sunday, March 29
The claim: Trump “didn’t say” that governors do not need all the medical equipment they are requesting from the federal government. And he “didn’t say” that governors should be more appreciative of the help.
The truth: The president told Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Thursday, March 26, that “a lot of equipment’s being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need,” referring to requests from the governors of Michigan, New York, and Washington. He also said, during a Friday, March 27, task-force briefing, that he wanted state leaders “to be appreciative … We’ve done a great job.” He added that he wasn’t talking about himself, but about others within the federal government working to combat the pandemic.

I'll let you read the rest.  Just think what the world would be like if a Cheeto could tell the truth.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Archy1221  While googling this, I found this article interesting.  It's a nice long read.

LINK

How about if he just wouldn't have lied so much about it?

I found this one interesting.

He likes to say this about the time he's mocking people for wearing masks...many times at his super spreader rallies.

Here's a good one.  It's self explanatory why this is so damaging to the idea of listening to science.

Oh....

Gee......imagine if he hadn't downplayed it so often.

I wonder if his mixed messages came from his advisors.  

Fauci

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-fauci-in-march-masks-make-you-feel-a-little-bit-better-but-unnecessary-for-general-population-warns-of-unintended-consequences

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/03/fauci-et-al-in-n-e-journal-of-medicine-covid-19-case-fatality-rate-may-be-considerably-less-than-1/

hmmm..Fauci saying this is akin to a bad flu season

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did Europe take COVID-19 serious?  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102288/coronavirus-deaths-development-europe/

Yes you did read that correctly. Over 330,000 deaths due to Covid-19 and some of the countries cause of death standards for COVID are nothing like ours.  

I have zero blood on my hands.  Maybe you are just projecting. 

The US has one quarter of the world's deaths. This comparison is worthless. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And what has Fouci been saying since then?  He has constantly been preaching masks and social distancing.  Still....Trump ridicules people wearing masks and holds large gatherings....Oh...and when Fauci says these things...he wants to fire him.

These quotes are from early March....what has he been saying ever since when scientists learned more about the virus?  Meanwhile...what has Cheeto man been saying?

I'll give you a hint....this is from your link.

Since the interview, Dr. Fauci has changed his tune on mask directives, encouraging folks to wear them when they cannot social distance. And by early April, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued guidance recommending face coverings.

“When you think mask, you should think of health care providers needing them and people who are ill,” added the medical expert.

Fauci also warned that healthy folks buying up masks would create a shortage. “It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it,” he said

By April 3, the CDC issued guidance advising cloth face mask coverings for the general population.

“CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States,” the guidance said. “We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (‘asymptomatic’) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (‘pre-symptomatic’) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms.”

“In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission,” the CDC added.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A quote from February and a quote from May. This is laughable. 

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

@BigRedBuster

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/michigan-plot-wolverine-watchmen-whitmer.html

Slate isn’t  really considered a bastion of Trump followers.  Yet they reported members of the group posting “Trump is not your friend” and they were all Anti-government.  And since I’m guessing the President is 1/3 of government, we’ll you can take it from there. 

Can you give me a Trump quote where he criticized these people?

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Remember what I said above about those state leaders you claim were praising him?

I'll let you read the rest.  Just think what the world would be like if a Cheeto could tell the truth.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-says-new-york-giving-away-some-ventilators-coronavirus-outbreak-stabilized-there

Oh were you referring to all the vents Mr. I will knock you out wanted, yelled about in order to make Washington look bad, yet didn’t need.  Mr. Cuomo threw a hissy fit when he realized Trump was right. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The US has one quarter of the world's deaths. This comparison is worthless. 

The populations are not too far off in comparison.  It’s not worthless.  Let me know if you think Brazil, India, Russia, China, Iran, are counting COVID deaths accurately.  Very interested in that response. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

The populations are not too far off in comparison.  It’s not worthless.  Let me know if you think Brazil, India, Russia, China, Iran, are counting COVID deaths accurately.  Very interested in that response. 

I'm sure you think they aren't, but have no evidence to support that contention.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can you give me a Trump quote where he criticized these people?

Wait a minute. Why don’t you back up your claim first that Trump caused this potential attack. Give me the quotes that say they planned this because of Trump.  

After that I will look for what you requested. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Dude, stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.  Seriously.

You're upset for no reason at all...you keep arguing against/for what? 

Let's take a quick look at where we are as a country...FACT:  there is a virus, it's killing people.  FACT:  It doesn't matter who said what or when they said it...It's killed over 230k people.  FACT:  The US leads all other countries in deaths to the virus.

Do you want to help prevent more deaths?  If so, stop arguing about who said what and when they said it because it won't protect or help people.  It's an exercise in futility.

If you want more deaths, keep doing what you're doing...masturbating your ego because you want to insist some injustice has been done to you or the politicians you support.  Here's a hint bud...even if injustice has been done, it doesn't help us prevent deaths or protect more people.

So drop your ego and wake up...people are dying.  It doesn't matter which side is right here because any argument about who's fault it is doesn't matter even two squirts of piss.  Mistakes have happened on all sides of the fences...instead of pointing a finger, try helping your fellow citizens and stop being selfish with your comments.  Finding fault in a person does nothing to help prevent the spread of the virus and prevent more deaths.

Dude,  Stop.  I’m not upset about anything.  Seriously. 

let’s take a look at where we are in this thread: you tell me to stop pointing out falsehoods yet don’t tell anyone else to stop.  Perfect. 

me posting or not posting on any thread in any forum will not stop the virus or aid the virus in any way.  It’s a virus.  It doesn’t care about Internet forums.  If you don’t like the posts then move along and enjoy your day.  

stop masturbating your ego of being internet tough guy telling people what they can and can’t do.  You don’t realize you are actually making my point that people need to stop just blaming Trump and acknowledge everyone has faults in this pandemic.   Pretty much all folks involved have made mistakes , which is what I continue to say, INCLUDING TRUMP.  

Being selfish with my comments is pretty rich coming from Internet tough guy poster who says to shut up and be quiet.  Tell you what, I will continue be safe, wear my mask, do what I can to not get sick, take care of my family, continue to call out falsehoods and you can do whatever it is you do.  God willing we will both lead healthy and happy lives.  

FACT:  it obviously does matter who says what because it shapes public opinion on what people think they can or can’t do.  Trump has been wrong on his messaging and so has virtually every politician in office, the CDC, WHO, and all the doctors in the links I provided who said it’s only ok to mass gather if your protesting.  People get tired with the do I say not as I do attitude of those in charge.  Trump included. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Fun story, Sheriff. Now do speed limits.

That’s just crazy. According to that sheriff’s reasoning and rationale outlined in that letter he could choose to ignore enforcing any law he doesn’t agree with. Our sheriff in Weld County Colorado has pretty much said he won’t enforce any mask mandates either. But at least he blamed it on not having the resources or time to enforce it, not some hair-brained interpretation of what he feels is right.

Gee, I wonder why North Dakota’s rate of Covid cases is among the worst in the country. Frikken dumbasses.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s just crazy. According to that sheriff’s reasoning and rationale outlined in that letter he could choose to ignore enforcing any law he doesn’t agree with. Our sheriff in Weld County Colorado has pretty much said he won’t enforce any mask mandates either. But at least he blamed it on not having the resources or time to enforce it, not some hair-brained interpretation of what he feels is right.

Gee, I wonder why North Dakota’s rate of Covid cases is among the worst in the country. Frikken dumbasses.

Yep. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. What % of people know anything at all about the constitution? My estimate keeps getting lower and lower, and usually the people who cite it know the least about it.

They have such a low population density too. It should be difficult to have a higher per capita # of cases in a low population density state.

• Plus1 1