The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

'Hey Pete, where's your mask?': Nebraska server fired for posting video of maskless Gov. Pete Ricketts inside a sports bar

Karina Montanez was fired this week for violating her employer's social media policy after sharing a video of Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts without a mask inside an Omaha-area sports bar.

She doesn't regret it, either.

Montanez originally posted the video of the Republican governor on Nov. 3 – the night of the election – on her Snapchat account before sharing it on Twitter. It gained widespread attention on Tuesday and, hours later, she got a call from her boss who fired her from her job as a server at DJ's Dugout.

"Even though it did cost me my job, I could have easily saved a lot of people's lives and, clearly, I wasn't wrong for recording the video because soon after, he's in quarantine," Montanez, 25, told USA TODAY on Thursday. "My gut feeling was right in every sense that night."

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

59 minutes ago, GSG said:

Ehhh, I don't like people getting canned for their social media stuff but I also don't want to be out with friends and have some server secretly filming me and putting it on social media...just like if I was in my gym locker room changing...I don't want someone filming me (or do I?  Wink).

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhh, I don't like people getting canned for their social media stuff but I also don't want to be out with friends and have some server secretly filming me and putting it on social media...just like if I was in my gym locker room changing...I don't want someone filming me (or do I?  Wink).

Public verse private place is much different. With the technology most people can have this day and age, I assume outside of my house I am almost always on camera for something. Home cameras, security cameras, people recording their friend doing some dumb. I think at this point it is pretty obvious how little Ricketts cares about the pandemic and has no intentions of using his power to help curb the spread.

• Fire 1
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Marc Thiessen (@marcthiessen) Tweeted:
Operation Warp Speed is quite literally the greatest public health achievement of modern times. The fastest development and distribution of a vaccine for a novel virus in history. Say what you will about Trump’s handling of the pandemic, he deserves credit for this.

What is wrong with you? 

Say what you will about Donald Trump?  Start by admitting this lifelong con man is currently staging a coup, dismantling the bulwarks of Democracy you act are so f#&%ing sacred, and throwing the most ridiculous lies at the wall to see what will stick. And there you are, lapping it up. And occasionally screeching something about Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump's personal lawyer is holding literally insane press conferences looking like The Joker. Everywhere are fireworks and flare guns warning you that these f#&%ers are either going to be dictators responsible to no one for any reason, or burn America to the ground on the way out the door. Sorry, but that's the lede in any story right now. 

FWIW, it's almost inconceivable that any president WOULDN'T launch Operation Warp Speed. That's not an act of courage or vision. It's page one of the playbook for the American President and his pharmaceutical giants. But a less narcissistic President wouldn't dismantle the existing pandemic response team out of spite, constantly undermine the seriousness of the pandemic and openly encourage a maskless rebellion, or hold a press conference to blabber misinformation about hydroxychloroquine and anything else rambling through his clearly-addled brain.  

Please don't assume this is about a single post, or your most recent incarnation on this board. I'm sick of pretending there are two sides to every story. The facts are on one side. Donald Trump is on the other. And every day America gets stupider, meaner and more dangerous. If you bulls#!t patriots truly believe America is exceptional, try to be better than a third-world plutocracy. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, deedsker said:

Public verse private place is much different. With the technology most people can have this day and age, I assume outside of my house I am almost always on camera for something. Home cameras, security cameras, people recording their friend doing some dumb. I think at this point it is pretty obvious how little Ricketts cares about the pandemic and has no intentions of using his power to help curb the spread.

Sure...

I just get why she was canned...I am all for what she did and I would have done the same.  

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What is wrong with you? 

Say what you will about Donald Trump?  Start by admitting this lifelong con man is currently staging a coup, dismantling the bulwarks of Democracy you act are so f#&%ing sacred, and throwing the most ridiculous lies at the wall to see what will stick. And there you are, lapping it up. And occasionally screeching something about Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump's personal lawyer is holding literally insane press conferences looking like The Joker. Everywhere are fireworks and flare guns warning you that these f#&%ers are either going to be dictators responsible to no one for any reason, or burn America to the ground on the way out the door. Sorry, but that's the lede in any story right now. 

FWIW, it's almost inconceivable that any president WOULDN'T launch Operation Warp Speed. That's not an act of courage or vision. It's page one of the playbook for the American President and his pharmaceutical giants. But a less narcissistic President wouldn't dismantle the existing pandemic response team out of spite, constantly undermine the seriousness of the pandemic and openly encourage a maskless rebellion, or hold a press conference to blabber misinformation about hydroxychloroquine and anything else rambling through his clearly-addled brain.  

Please don't assume this is about a single post, or your most recent incarnation on this board. I'm sick of pretending there are two sides to every story. The facts are on one side. Donald Trump is on the other. And every day America gets stupider, meaner and more dangerous. If you bulls#!t patriots truly believe America is exceptional, try to be better than a third-world plutocracy. 

You ask what’s wrong with me???  For posting a tweet from a Washington Post reporter!  Not exactly a Trump safe space.  

What the hell is wrong with you that you get so triggered for that?  Oh, look..no matter your opinion of all other Covid related issues and Trump Admin, the Vaccine program is an achievement like no other in history.   It’s never been done this fast and roughly five fold faster than anything else in history!!  

Trump admin didn’t creat the science to make that happen, private industry did.  I work in the industry and know what it takes to get things through the FDA from infancy to approval.  

Eliminating the red tape, funding front end for some companies, guaranteeing a purchasing amount on the back end, funding production BEFORE anything is even approved are not easy things to do.  

Blame Trump for anything else you want.  But it doesn’t sound like you understand how improbable it was to get a vaccine this quick.  Go out and ask any doctor in your personal orbit and get their opinion.  Stop with the but Trump did this, but Trump did that, and Trump is ruining humanity.  Be happy for this particular success.  

and by the way, this is my only account and my only incarnation on this board.

so you aware also...many different therapies, some you have never heard of and are not mentioned in the media, have helped patients with Covid symptoms.  And that includes HCQ.  It is not the end all be all, but it does help certain cases depending on the stage of disease as combination therapy with zinc and VitaminD, not as primary, stand alone therapy.  

Enjoy your day. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You ask what’s wrong with me???  For posting a tweet from a Washington Post reporter!  Not exactly a Trump safe space.  

What the hell is wrong with you that you get so triggered for that?  Oh, look..no matter your opinion of all other Covid related issues and Trump Admin, the Vaccine program is an achievement like no other in history.   It’s never been done this fast and roughly five fold faster than anything else in history!!  

Trump admin didn’t creat the science to make that happen, private industry did.  I work in the industry and know what it takes to get things through the FDA from infancy to approval.  

Eliminating the red tape, funding front end for some companies, guaranteeing a purchasing amount on the back end, funding production BEFORE anything is even approved are not easy things to do.  

Blame Trump for anything else you want.  But it doesn’t sound like you understand how improbable it was to get a vaccine this quick.  Go out and ask any doctor in your personal orbit and get their opinion.  Stop with the but Trump did this, but Trump did that, and Trump is ruining humanity.  Be happy for this particular success.  

and by the way, this is my only account and my only incarnation on this board.

so you aware also...many different therapies, some you have never heard of and are not mentioned in the media, have helped patients with Covid symptoms.  And that includes HCQ.  It is not the end all be all, but it does help certain cases depending on the stage of disease as combination therapy with zinc and VitaminD, not as primary, stand alone therapy.  

Enjoy your day. 

You know who is in my personal orbit? My brother-in-law., the former CEO of a major pharmaceutical company. He worked directly with Dr. Fauci and the Bush administration on the SARS outbreak. He tells me not to under-estimate the loathing scientists and private industry have for a President who doesn't understand a f#&%ing thing he's talking about, sows mistrust of science to the American people, and plays politics with people's lives.  He was a lifelong Republican until this. Now he's dedicating every fiber of his being to defeating Trump. Good man.

Say, you know who had some solid economic achievements despite his critics?

Hitler.

Enjoy your day. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1