The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

40 minutes ago, funhusker said:

We are doing Zoom the week after Thanksgiving to give people a chance to monitor for symptoms after spending the weekend holiday with family before coming back to school.  But I've already signed pre-arranged absence sheets for Zoom classes because people are using the week to go on vacation...

I'm also anticipating that they will just tell us to stay home until after Christmas break to assess what's going on.  Our teachers have even told kids they have until Tuesday to finish "in-person" projects or to retake any "in person" quizzes because they shouldn't anticipate being back in the building until next semester.

Are they making the teachers zoom from school or do you get to stay home if you want?

Just now, teachercd said:

Are they making the teachers zoom from school or do you get to stay home if you want?

I’m not a teacher.  In the beginning of the year (September) when kids were fully remote, the teachers were in their classrooms.  I believe that will be the case for December, but I don’t know that for a fact yet.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not a teacher.  In the beginning of the year (September) when kids were fully remote, the teachers were in their classrooms.  I believe that will be the case for December, but I don’t know that for a fact yet.  

We have the option, we can come in or we can stay home.

I know OPS did not have that option, they had to go in to school and zoom from there. 

But I know a lot of taxpayers that want to make sure "those lazy, crying teachers are zooming from the school building and not just watching TV at home all day"

By the way, I will have you know, I don't watch TV all day.  I also nap, do some errands, workout...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

A work log?  Like, you have to fill out what you did for the day?

Yep.

Or we can just say we were in the building and they are a lot more lax about is.

So I could stay at home and log every email and lesson plan.  Or stay in the building and do whatever the heck I want.

• Haha 1