The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The transformation of messaging is amazing.

I don't find it amazing; I find predictable. They don't care about anything or anyone else until it affects them personally. If Newt hadn't vacationed in Italy during their crisis, I'd bet he'd still be on Fox News spouting propaganda and calling it a hoax. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That all sounds wonderful. Now for all of us to teleport to an imaginary land where such proclamations and mandates would actually come to fruition without horrendous unintended consequences

I would love to hear your solution to businesses being shut down that have bank loans, bank payments...etc.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, QMany said:

I don't find it amazing; I find predictable. They don't care about anything or anyone else until it affects them personally. If Newt hadn't vacationed in Italy during their crisis, I'd bet he'd still be on Fox News spouting propaganda and calling it a hoax. 

My use of the word "amazing" was used in the least "surprised" form possible.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to hear your solution to businesses being shut down that have bank loans, bank payments...etc.  

I think there is certainly a discussion to be had whether we should bail out, say, airlines, that have blown most of their cash on stock buybacks. That can be distinguished from responsible businesses that are in dire need of help due to no fault of their own.

• Plus1 3

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is what makes being a business owner or entrepreneur one of the hardest things to do, we have seen, in these forums, people complain how the big bad business owner takes advantage of the itty bitty worker.  But most owners do all they can to make themselves money, run a great business and give people jobs.  Not the other way around.   Business owners take on more responsibility then most can understand. 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That all sounds wonderful. Now for all of us to teleport to an imaginary land where such proclamations and mandates would actually come to fruition without horrendous unintended consequences

Well it will be happening in America soon enough so we can all see the horrendous consequences or lack there of 

Coronavirus Truthers   :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-truthers-prey-on-the-anxiety-of-the-moment-185549280.html

“People should ask themselves whether this coronavirus ‘pandemic’ could be a big hoax, with the actual danger of the disease massively exaggerated by those who seek to profit — financially or politically — from the ensuing panic,” former Rep. Ron Paul wrote on his website Monday.

The former Republican presidential candidate, a physician and the father of Sen. Rand Paul, described Dr. Anthony Fauci, the leading scientific voice on President Trump’s coronavirus task force, as one of many government “fearmongers” who were part of a plan to institute martial law and permanently strip Americans of their rights.

• Thanks 1

WOW...I really don't know that much about Governor Cuomo.  But, just listening to him talk right now is fantastic.  He's basically talking about all the closings the state of NY is doing.  He flat out spent a few minutes doing nothing but saying, if you are upset about any of the closings, it's NOT the local mayor's fault, it's not the local school districts fault, it's not the local law enforcement's fault...etc.  He flat out said, "It's MY fault.  I"M the one that closed them.  If you are mad at anyone, you need to be mad at ME".

Now, it's stupid for anyone to be upset about the closings.  BUT....isn't that a refreshing thing too hear.  Someone at the top, basically saying..."the buck stops here!!!"

• Plus1 2