The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Nebraska is not closing schools at this point. I know it's not serious here yet (partly, maybe, because we don't have enough tests to figure out who's infected), but why wait until we have widespread community spread?

I believe some if not all schools in the Tulsa area will be closed to April 6 for now. 

8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

How long will this last? I saw @lo country saying something about how this shouldn't affect fall sports or if it does we are in trouble, but I have seen a differing opinion. The thing with flattening the curve is people are still going to get infected, we are just trying to slow the spread. In doing so, we actually slow down the timeline for the disease. I read an article suggesting the longer this goes on, actually the more successful we have been in slowing the spread and flattening the curve. This may mean we are still experiencing this in the fall and even into the winter and next year

My bad.  I should have clarified.  If we are still experiencing the trajectory that we are currently and THIS PATH is effecting fall sports we are in a bind.  I agree with you.  Flattening the curve doesn't automatically equate to eradication, but as you mentioned it actually goes on longer, but in a substantially more manageable and hopefully less serious manner.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

So, they want to give families approximately 1/5,000th of what they gave the stock market.

Maybe I should be voting for Bernie.

Is this just a one time thing or while to virus continues to impact (each month). While I'd be grateful for anything, not sure how much a one time payment helps.......

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

We are going to need this kind of package soon.

Yes...yes...yes...yes...yes...yes...yes...yes..yes............

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Also, this is what real leadership looks like.  Get yourself a guy like this.

If our company would have only been started in France.

Never thought I would have said that.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Their strategy was to let people get it, and let immunity kick in - well that's gonna happen everywhere - but in the mean time you'll overwhelm your hospitals and people will die because of it. 

Also makes me wonder when this will be back to "normal", it seems to me we have to wait for 60% to get it and develop immunity, or wait for a vaccine. Both prospects seem to be pretty far in the future, as long as we flatten the curve. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

We are going to need this kind of package soon.

Also, this is what real leadership looks like.  Get yourself a guy like this.

That all sounds wonderful. Now for all of us to teleport to an imaginary land where such proclamations and mandates would actually come to fruition without horrendous unintended consequences