The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I've seen this before.  "Gun policies are the main problem.  Not the idiots shooting people."

These topics are more complex than trite banter invites.   Freedom/liberty vs. safety/protection.

Flag in the ground:

COV19 - Individual freedom to move freely and without recourse.  Other want to hide, vax/booster up, wear a hazmat, awesome.  Restaurants require it, their choice.  Eat elsewhere.  Small businesses want to stay open and serve others, do so freely without recourse.  My body, my...what is it again?

OFFS…Idiots can’t shoot people if idiots don’t have guns!!!

It’s a lot easier to keep idiots away from guns than it is to make them NOT idiots.

• TBH 3

26 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I've seen this before.  "Gun policies are the main problem.  Not the idiots shooting people."

These topics are more complex than trite banter invites.   Freedom/liberty vs. safety/protection.

Flag in the ground:

COV19 - Individual freedom to move freely and without recourse.  Other want to hide, vax/booster up, wear a hazmat, awesome.  Restaurants require it, their choice.  Eat elsewhere.  Small businesses want to stay open and serve others, do so freely without recourse.  My body, my...what is it again?

idiotic-happy.gif

• TBH 2
35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

OFFS…Idiots can’t shoot people if idiots don’t have guns!!!

It’s a lot easier to keep idiots away from guns than it is to make them NOT idiots.

Brilliant.  Murder just goes away completely. 

We also need to ban assault vehicles.  Can't run people over with SUV's if there are no SUVs.

You just pick and choose when it's the idiot vs the policy.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

As long as you think you’re right and have all the answers, don’t let anyone else cause you to reconsider anything. Amirite?

1. If I'm in your shoes with your belief tenets, why is it not "That's his truth... I just disagree"?

2.  How are you any different if I posited the same thing back to you?  

• Fire 1
12 hours ago, commando said:

guns aren't the problem...people are.  let's give guns to problem

The rationale must be if we give enough guns to enough problems, the problems will be able to eliminate each other. I mean we already have at least one poster in this discussion celebrating when a mass shooter incidentally takes out anybody that wasn’t a stellar citizen.

But don’t question or even try to limit the amount or types of guns.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The rationale must be if we give enough guns to enough problems, the problems will be able to eliminate each other. I mean we already have at least one poster in this discussion celebrating when a mass shooter incidentally takes out anybody that wasn’t a stellar citizen.

But don’t question or even try to limit the amount or types of guns.

Ad hominems from the wide road.

Your double down on "less than stellar" is a multi-account, convicted rapist of five boys between five and 11 years old. 

Just slightly under stellar...smh.

Couple that gem with the disingenuous mischaracterization of "celebrating" and a gross misunderstanding of self defense, yet you want to tell us what "mental health" and morality look like.

• TBH 1

21 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Ad hominems from the wide road.

Your double down on "less than stellar" is a multi-account, convicted rapist of five boys between five and 11 years old. 

Just slightly under stellar...smh.

Couple that gem with the disingenuous mischaracterization of "celebrating" and a gross misunderstanding of self defense, yet you want to tell us what "mental health" and morality look like.

You could’ve just said that you don’t know what ad hominem means instead of misusing it and proving it.

You just don’t get it, and I guess that’s okay because it would surprise the hell out of me if you did. Your position has been made crystal clear. You are okay with mass shootings, especially if/when one happens to take out scum people. The problem (which I don’t expect you’ll understand) is that mass shooters don’t target just scumbags. They are indiscriminate acts that harm/kill innocent people. It is unbelievable that you defend this position simply because one, I repeat one, person killed happened to be a scumbag. If all mass shooting victims were only scumbags, I’d be for them too. But I’m too smart to think that is or will ever be the case with mass shootings. Heck, given your position on abortion, one might think you wouldn’t be repulsed by someone shooting up a Planned Parenthood just because, you know, baby killers, morality, progressivism….

Maybe someday you’ll get it but I’m sure it won’t be today.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

So everyone is the problem?

What should we do about SUVs used to murder people?

What are those stats again on the numbers of SUVs used to intentionally murder how many people? Is this a huge rampant problem like mass shootings that the media is failing to cover?

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

So everyone is the problem?

What should we do about SUVs used to murder people?

you need to take a drivers test to get a drivers license.   the list of safety standards for an SUV is much longer than for guns.     you can be arrested for driving you SUV erratically.   in Nebraska you don't need to take a test to get a license to get a gun and you can wave it around as much as you like without getting arrested.      let's think about adding some of the same rules for the SUV to guns.   

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You could’ve just said that you don’t know what ad hominem means instead of misusing it and proving it.

You just don’t get it, and I guess that’s okay because it would surprise the hell out of me if you did. Your position has been made crystal clear. You are okay with mass shootings, especially if/when one happens to take out scum people. The problem (which I don’t expect you’ll understand) is that mass shooters don’t target just scumbags. They are indiscriminate acts that harm/kill innocent people. It is unbelievable that you defend this position simply because one, I repeat one, person killed happened to be a scumbag. If all mass shooting victims were only scumbags, I’d be for them too. But I’m too smart to think that is or will ever be the case with mass shootings. Heck, given your position on abortion, one might think you wouldn’t be repulsed by someone shooting up a Planned Parenthood just because, you know, baby killers, morality, progressivism….

Maybe someday you’ll get it but I’m sure it won’t be today.

Your "veiled" character attacks are clear.  It fits.

The gross misuse of terminology is "less than stellar."  I'm not certain which is worse, your take on the matter or Rosenbaum's life resume.  Now, your diatribe on not getting it is less than stellar.  A pedophile who starts burning a town and attacking people, now dead, is much worse than less than stellar on the bad <-> good scale.  

Okay with mass shootings?  Cite or just more mischaracterizations.  Mass shooters are scumbags.  There targets are often innocents.  Some use SUVs to mow down crowds in Brownsville.  Some use cars and do it at a Wisconsin parade.  There's a morality issue with this country and it's being exacerbated and championed with great intention.

You might think I wouldn't be repulsed because you revel in mischaracterizing others to discredit, invalidate, trivialize, and slander.   Lazy at its very best.  

All mass shootings are bad.  All mass runner murders are bad.   Planned Parenthood's mission at inception was bad (do you know why it came to be?).  Throwing "unwanted babies" in a trashcan is bad.  Not just "less than stellar."  

All of it is atrocious.  

• Plus1 1