The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 5/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, JJ Husker said:

You still don’t get it and this will be the last time I try to explain it.  The issue of our mass shooting problem has nothing to do with the character of the victims. As much as you want it to be about that it just isn’t. It’s about guns and the people who use guns to commit atrocities. But please continue to mischaracterize my insistence on that as some sort of stamp of approval for a pedophile. I don’t really care because I know that’s not what it is or how I feel and so does everyone else with half a brain reading this.

Any attacks you perceive I’ve made on your character have simply been in response to your posts which reveal many questionable traits. It’s not veiled at all. When you say and post the things you have, nothing needs to be veiled. If you don’t like the responses you get maybe reassess the things you say. Being against gun control because a pedophile was accidentally killed in a mass shooting is about as ludicrous as it gets yet you use it as validation for your position. It’s ridiculous.

*We should take this to another thread as it's off topic here.  Feel free to @ me in the appropriate thread.  The above is so egregiously bad, however...

The Rittenhouse shooting was self defense and not a mass shooting.  Do you understand the difference?   Kind of like the difference between the flu and COV.  Different.  

Secondly, correct, mass shootings, or murder, which are not self defense scenarios, have nothing to do with victims.   Kind of like wrongly blaming or shaming COV victims for their illness. 

I have not issues with your responses, but please don't shirk from their intent and state I'm using wrong descriptors.  

Your misnomers and disingenuous mischaracterizations (Being against gun control because a pedophile was accidentally killed in a mass shooting - what??) are asinine at their very best.   

*Tying back to the thread.  COV19 was terrible on multiple fronts.  

• Plus1 2

In my circle, I know of no one who died from COV19.  I had two direct reports with material heart issues after vaccination.  Both have recovered.

3 x having COV19 doesn't register on the intensity map for significance as related to other sicknesses.  My experience.  Had one close friend suffer significant fatigue as a near term challenge.  Recovered.  

Interesting read:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/a-colossal-failure-around-the-world_5260961.html?welcomeuser=1

Let’s summarize what we now know of the negative efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines, and why vaccinated people—not the unvaxxed—suffer frequent bouts of COVID-19.

The COVID-19 vaccines—and the new bivalents, of which they are a part—are alarmingly and irredeemably unsafe, as well as ineffective for the advertised purposes. It is increasingly recognized by laypeople, physicians, and scientists throughout the world that the COVID-19 vaccines are neither safe, nor effective, nor reversible.

In this article, I show irrefutable proof that the COVID-19 vaccines are irredeemably ineffective. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

On 5/24/2023 at 9:03 AM, DefenderAO said:

In my circle, I know of no one who died from COV19.  I had two direct reports with material heart issues after vaccination.  Both have recovered.

3 x having COV19 doesn't register on the intensity map for significance as related to other sicknesses.  My experience.  Had one close friend suffer significant fatigue as a near term challenge.  Recovered.  

Interesting read:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/a-colossal-failure-around-the-world_5260961.html?welcomeuser=1

Let’s summarize what we now know of the negative efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines, and why vaccinated people—not the unvaxxed—suffer frequent bouts of COVID-19.

The COVID-19 vaccines—and the new bivalents, of which they are a part—are alarmingly and irredeemably unsafe, as well as ineffective for the advertised purposes. It is increasingly recognized by laypeople, physicians, and scientists throughout the world that the COVID-19 vaccines are neither safe, nor effective, nor reversible.

In this article, I show irrefutable proof that the COVID-19 vaccines are irredeemably ineffective. 

Must exist in a circle of 1. 

That or you subscribe to the idiotic notion that if you died from a secondary issues brought on during covid it does not count as a covid death. 

• Plus1 1

As usual, MAGA froth isn't quite what it seems

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2023/jun/05/revised-report-on-impact-of-covid-lockdowns-leaves-unanswered-questions

For all the headlines that followed, the report and its authors drew flak. The researchers were economists not epidemiologists or public health experts

The review raised eyebrows among many experts. It focused on 34 studies, about a third coming from other economists, but excluded important epidemiological studies. It didn’t seem to take account of the timing of lockdowns. And it defined “lockdown” as any government policy consisting of at least one nonpharmaceutical intervention (NPI), where NPIs meant measures such as closing schools or businesses, but also more minor things such as mandating face masks. The implication was that a requirement to wear face coverings alone, or to stay home while infected, would qualify as a lockdown.

On reading the paper, Adam Kucharski, professor of infectious disease epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, spoke of “half-baked methods”.

The response to the paper fuelled a rewrite. Version two appeared, again online, in May last year. The authors dropped some studies they decided were no longer eligible and changed some of their calculations. This time, instead of claiming lockdowns prevented only 0.2% of US and European deaths in the first wave, the figure became 3.2%, a 16-fold increase.

The book maintains that lockdowns – as defined by the authors – prevented 3.2% of US and EU deaths in the first wave of the pandemic. But it notes that based on nine specific NPIs, lockdowns in Europe and the US reduced mortality by 10.7% in the spring of 2020 – about 23,000 in Europe and 16,000 in the US.

But it’s important to make sure people don’t get confused and think that we would all have been fine just living our lives as usual in the spring of 2020. That would have been catastrophic.”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Anybody who thinks the lock downs didn't help in a measurable way is a f#&%ing moron. As someone who's spouse was working the cardiac ICU during the pandemic, you can f#&% right the f#&% off with that bulls#!t if that's what you choose to think. The healthcare system was on life supported and hanging on by a shred of a thread. Not having a lock down would have been absolutely catastrophic as the last quote states.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Anybody who thinks the lock downs didn't help in a measurable way is a f#&%ing moron. As someone who's spouse was working the cardiac ICU during the pandemic, you can f#&% right the f#&% off with that bulls#!t if that's what you choose to think. The healthcare system was on life supported and hanging on by a shred of a thread. Not having a lock down would have been absolutely catastrophic as the last quote states.

You'd be amazed at how many people don't understand this.   Well said.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

My wife is in NICU, and even her world was turned upside down.

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My wife is in NICU, and even her world was turned upside down.

I can imagine... My wife would tell me how bad she felt for the nurses coming from places like the NICU that probably had no ICU experience, but they had to treat these patients as best they could because there was no other choice or room in the hospital. It was like a major siege in a war, everyone had to just do the best they could no matter what their job was before. Everyone was in the s#!t together.

• Fire 1

As long as we're just going anecdotal:  in October of 2020 they were unable to transfer my father to a hospice care facility in Lincoln for the last weeks of his life because they'd filled those beds with Covid patients. A few months later my friend's elderly mother had a heart event, and the ambulance drove around central Arkansas for hours looking for a hospital that would take her in. None did, as they were full of Covid patients. 

It's only speculation, but the math suggests many of these Covid patients filling the beds were Covid deniers, who suddenly expected the same medical science they'd been mocking to save them. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As long as we're just going anecdotal:  in October of 2020 they were unable to transfer my father to a hospice care facility in Lincoln for the last weeks of his life because they'd filled those beds with Covid patients. A few months later my friend's elderly mother had a heart event, and the ambulance drove around central Arkansas for hours looking for a hospital that would take her in. None did, as they were full of Covid patients. 

It's only speculation, but the math suggests many of these Covid patients filling the beds were Covid deniers, who suddenly expected the same medical science they'd been mocking to save them. 

That sucks.  Sorry to hear that.