The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What are those stats again on the numbers of SUVs used to intentionally murder how many people? Is this a huge rampant problem like mass shootings that the media is failing to cover?

Now we're back to the data.  What gun type is used in more shootings/killings than any other type?   Just as key, where are these shootings happening? The extremely rich part is, when you discover the answer is handguns and in leftist-controlled cities, the Think Tank want to ban ARs and blame a red state government for the problems in the leftist cities...and in those same states conservative areas have no where near the incidents of shootings and violent crime as these progressive city strongholds. 

Tangential curiosity - In the TN shooting recently whom did you find your compassion reflexively move towards?  Shooter and victims alike?

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Now we're back to the data.  What gun type is used in more shootings/killings than any other type?   Just as key, where are these shootings happening? The extremely rich part is, when you discover the answer is handguns and in leftist-controlled cities, the Think Tank want to ban ARs and blame a red state government for the problems in the leftist cities...and in those same states conservative areas have no where near the incidents of shootings and violent crime as these progressive city strongholds. 

Tangential curiosity - In the TN shooting recently whom did you find your compassion reflexively move towards?  Shooter and victims alike?

Classic misdirect of asking other questions instead of answering.

1 hour ago, commando said:

you need to take a drivers test to get a drivers license.   the list of safety standards for an SUV is much longer than for guns.     you can be arrested for driving you SUV erratically.   in Nebraska you don't need to take a test to get a license to get a gun and you can wave it around as much as you like without getting arrested.      let's think about adding some of the same rules for the SUV to guns.   

In Nebraska, you can wave and brandish a gun indiscriminately without arrest or repercussion?  Wow.  

I like the idea of shooting standards to own a gun. bye a safety handling course certification?  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Classic misdirect of asking other questions instead of answering.

They're relevant questions.  You want to talk data on occurrence frequency because mass shootings happen more than mass run-overs, then what shooting types happen the most?  And where?   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I finally got Covid!  Couple weeks ago my wife returned from a memorial service in Arizona that turned out to be a super-spreader event, just like the old days. 

Went on Paxlovid immediately. Felt pretty crappy for about 36 hours, then got better fast, with just a bit of a lingering chest cough like I've had with other colds my whole life. 

Then I got it again Thursday. Yesterday was worse than the first time. Some people claim it's the Paxlovid that reduces the symptoms and even lets you test negative, but never quite kills the Covid, which still wants to run through its paces. 

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Your "veiled" character attacks are clear.  It fits.

The gross misuse of terminology is "less than stellar."  I'm not certain which is worse, your take on the matter or Rosenbaum's life resume.  Now, your diatribe on not getting it is less than stellar.  A pedophile who starts burning a town and attacking people, now dead, is much worse than less than stellar on the bad <-> good scale.  

Okay with mass shootings?  Cite or just more mischaracterizations.  Mass shooters are scumbags.  There targets are often innocents.  Some use SUVs to mow down crowds in Brownsville.  Some use cars and do it at a Wisconsin parade.  There's a morality issue with this country and it's being exacerbated and championed with great intention.

You might think I wouldn't be repulsed because you revel in mischaracterizing others to discredit, invalidate, trivialize, and slander.   Lazy at its very best.  

All mass shootings are bad.  All mass runner murders are bad.   Planned Parenthood's mission at inception was bad (do you know why it came to be?).  Throwing "unwanted babies" in a trashcan is bad.  Not just "less than stellar."  

All of it is atrocious.  

You still don’t get it and this will be the last time I try to explain it.  The issue of our mass shooting problem has nothing to do with the character of the victims. As much as you want it to be about that it just isn’t. It’s about guns and the people who use guns to commit atrocities. But please continue to mischaracterize my insistence on that as some sort of stamp of approval for a pedophile. I don’t really care because I know that’s not what it is or how I feel and so does everyone else with half a brain reading this.

Any attacks you perceive I’ve made on your character have simply been in response to your posts which reveal many questionable traits. It’s not veiled at all. When you say and post the things you have, nothing needs to be veiled. If you don’t like the responses you get maybe reassess the things you say. Being against gun control because a pedophile was accidentally killed in a mass shooting is about as ludicrous as it gets yet you use it as validation for your position. It’s ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Bad data?

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

United States - Historical Death Rate Data 
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2023 9.172 1.070%
2022 9.075 1.090%
2021 8.977 1.090%
2020 8.880 1.120%
2019 8.782 1.120%
2018 8.685 1.220%
2017 8.580 1.240%
2016 8.475 1.270%
2015 8.369 1.270%
2014 8.264 1.290%

From your link

NOTE: All death rate data after 2019 are United Nations projections and therefore DO NOT include any impacts from COVID-19.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I finally got Covid!  Couple weeks ago my wife returned from a memorial service in Arizona that turned out to be a super-spreader event, just like the old days. 

Went on Paxlovid immediately. Felt pretty crappy for about 36 hours, then got better fast, with just a bit of a lingering chest cough like I've had with other colds my whole life. 

Then I got it again Thursday. Yesterday was worse than the first time. Some people claim it's the Paxlovid that reduces the symptoms and even lets you test negative, but never quite kills the Covid, which still wants to run through its paces. 

Good luck and I hope you get better soon. I’ve had it 4 times now. The first was the worst, but that was before any vaccines. 2nd time was better and 3rd time was barely noticeable. The 4th time was the 2nd worst. I considered going for the Paxlovid but figured it would be pretty mild like the 2nd and 3rd times. Underestimated it slightly but still kicked it within 3 or 4 days.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Good luck and I hope you get better soon. I’ve had it 4 times now. The first was the worst, but that was before any vaccines. 2nd time was better and 3rd time was barely noticeable. The 4th time was the 2nd worst. I considered going for the Paxlovid but figured it would be pretty mild like the 2nd and 3rd times. Underestimated it slightly but still kicked it within 3 or 4 days.

I still believe that "everyone" has had it...I think if possible "they" Would find out that 300 million Americans had it.  I really do.

• Plus1 1

I couldn't escape the DefenderAO post about Covid initiating the greatest intrusion of civil liberties in peacetime history. 

Hey Gorsuch, why did you have to qualify that with "peacetime" history? Because naturally Americans are willing to sacrifice some convenience and normalcy to protect the lives of Americans during wartime? 

Cause I just checked my notes and it turns out Covid killed roughly 1,000,000 more Americans than civilian casualties in World War II. Also, that list of intrusions was mostly hysterical horses#!t. Even in my hyper-vigilant California county, I don't recall a single moment when I felt unjustly intruded upon.

It was a global pandemic, you candyasses, unprecedented in any American's lifetime.  Other nations representing the full spectrum of political ideologies had to forge a public health response. Thanks to that frothy spirit of individualism fueled with anti-science, anti-government rhetoric, America did worse than almost any country on Earth. Nice work, mouth breathers. 

Funhusker is right. These people would be awful in a real war. 

• TBH 2
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I couldn't escape the DefenderAO post about Covid initiating the greatest intrusion of civil liberties in peacetime history. 

Hey Gorsuch, why did you have to quality that with "peacetime" history? Because naturally Americans are willing to sacrifice some convenience and normalcy to protect the lives of Americans during wartime? 

Cause I just checked my notes and it turns out Covid killed roughly 1,000,000 more Americans than civilian casualties in World War II. Also, that list of intrusions was mostly hysterical horses#!t. Even in my hyper-vigilant California county, I don't recall a single moment when I felt unjustly intruded upon.

It was a global pandemic, you candyasses, unprecedented in any American's lifetime.  Other nations representing the full spectrum of political ideologies had to forge a public health response. Thanks to that frothy spirit of individualism fueled with anti-science, anti-government rhetoric, America did worse than almost any country on Earth. Nice work, mouth breathers. 

Funhusker is right. These people would be awful in a real war. 

99% of us would.

Me and you would not make it 10 hours.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I still believe that "everyone" has had it...I think if possible "they" Would find out that 300 million Americans had it.  I really do.

There are still people like my sister-in-law who has compromised immunity and has played it really safe for obvious and legitimate reasons. She would know if she got it.

I was sure I was among the 20% as yet uninfected and was feeling pretty Covid immortal.

Give it a couple more years and you may be right. 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

99% of us would.

Me and you would not make it 10 hours.

I would turn you over to the Gestapo within seconds. 

• Haha 1