Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I can't believe they don't have things lined out for a vote at this point. What more do they need to figure out in the next 4 or 5 days? Good grief.

The timeline and communication has been truly baffling. I realize it's not Warren's job to vote on this, but he damn well can be up front about what the hell is happening. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, knapplc said:

Jamain Stephens just passed away. The other I was thinking of is Brady Feeney, but he only had complications from the virus, he didn't die.

I had not heard of him. Stand corrected but one out of 50,000?  Just a guess on the number but it is a lot with so many sports and leagues.  Bound to be a few with asthma or heart murmur or something surely.  Maybe the requires physical needs to prohibit any comorbidity issues if Drs feel a special risk is present.   Same with a coach or other staff person.  Nothing to stop all sports at this point.   

There is probably a greater risk to athletes from a car, bus or plane ride to or from a game than the virus.  We dont stop sports because an entire team might die in a plane crash God forbid!   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

I had not heard of him. Stand corrected but one out of 50,000?  Just a guess on the number but it is a lot with so many sports and leagues.  Bound to be a few with asthma or heart murmur or something surely.  Maybe the requires physical needs to prohibit any comorbidity issues if Drs feel a special risk is present.   Same with a coach or other staff person.  Nothing to stop all sports at this point.   

There is probably a greater risk to athletes from a car, bus or plane ride to or from a game than the virus.  We dont stop sports because an entire team might die in a plane crash God forbid!   

And per the @FrantzHardySwag post, apparently Jamain Stephens didn't even die of Covid, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

And per the @FrantzHardySwag post, apparently Jamain Stephens didn't even die of Covid, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well it remains possible he did die with covid certainly.  Sad story certainly.  How many players die from a baseball hit to the head?  A heat stroke?   A heart attack?  etc.

I just dont see the risk being that great as to suffer the loss of all the benefits of sports.   Everything in life comes with risks - just getting out of bed or taking a shower or taking most ‘safe’ medicines or eating a chicken wing or lettuce salad can be deadly.   

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I read yesterday that he had not been on campus since February, and their football team was not practicing or playing this fall. Hard to attribute his passing to football, regardless. 

Sad when a young person dies no matter the reason. 

That's true. What's significant about it (if it was a Covid-related death), is that he's a young man, in the age range of the guys playing football, and it would show they are susceptible to complications, sometimes morbid complications, from the virus. 

It's stuff like this, and what happened to Feeney, that is keeping the decision-makers in the Big Ten from green-lighting football. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying that's what's holding them up.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Undone said:

I can't remember - are you a Michigan State or Michigan fan?

Michigan since I was about 9 years old, but I am not sure if I want to be that anymore. :D If this season starts it looks like I will have to adopt someone else to follow.