Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Also Michigan: *some of the lowest positive test % for not only the big ten but the country*

These guys are weak. Either shut down the colleges and go to online or open everything back up and full send.  Games are already being played. The results from both high school games and college are quite positive. 

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The idea that this is still being considered, but no info is being disseminated to the coaches or AD's makes me really wonder what's actually going on. It is a BAD idea to play multiple games in the Spring, then another full season a few months later in the Fall. That's been debunked as an option for a while now. So why haven't they come out with any kind of concrete plan?

As crazy as this year has been, you'd think they'd be concerned about the mental well-being of the players (and coaches) such that they wouldn't keep stringing them along like this.

As frustrated as the fans are, it must be x100 for the guys on the team.

Ya it's absolutely insane. They suspended the season on August 11th. You can't tell me that with people working on this everyday they don't have anything concrete nearly a month later?? People whose full time job isn't coordinating a conference have put out more details than the B1G has at this point. It's really become a spectacular lesson in how not to do this and we're seeing inept leadership in a lot of ways.

14 minutes ago, Decked said:

He’s so concerned that he invited them all back for the disease fest! Don’t want anyone to be left out :lol:

Don't forget that the UM grad student employees have voted to strike over the University's poor safety policy and the university threatening them as being unable to strike. Really worried about their safety!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya it's absolutely insane. They suspended the season on August 11th. You can't tell me that with people working on this everyday they don't have anything concrete nearly a month later?? People whose full time job isn't coordinating a conference have put out more details than the B1G has at this point. It's really become a spectacular lesson in how not to do this and we're seeing inept leadership in a lot of ways.

Took the Purdue coach all of 48 hours to write up a mock spring plan. These guys have had since March/April and what we've seen is pitiful. Going to be hard pressed for the commish and some of these university presidents to stick around long if this is the type of leadership to be expected.

• Plus1 3

56 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Going to be hard pressed for the commish and some of these university presidents to stick around long if this is the type of leadership to be expected.

I don't see how Warren doesn't at least give an interview or press release with an update. Right now coaches and players are practicing for a possible October or November or Winter or Spring or Fall 2021 football season. What a s#!tty way to treat the people you work for. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Now the politicians are getting involved. 

At the very least, Kevin Warren should be on camera explaining everything that went into the decision, and whatever other machinations may be happening after the decision, weekly if not more often.  

It's bad enough they canceled football. It's worse that they're so closed-mouthed about everything.

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't see how Warren doesn't at least give an interview or press release with an update. Right now coaches and players are practicing for a possible October or November or Winter or Spring or Fall 2021 football season. What a s#!tty way to treat the people you work for. 

I don't know why everyone is looking at your Commish.  He doesn't get a vote on whether to play college football, 14 U Presidents do. 

1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I don't know why everyone is looking at your Commish.  He doesn't get a vote on whether to play college football, 14 U Presidents do. 

Getting in front of the camera and disseminating information on the process is his job. We don't need to hear from 14 COC/P's, that's why they hired him. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Getting in front of the camera and disseminating information on the process is his job. We don't need to hear from 14 COC/P's, that's why they hired him. 

It reminds me of the NFL team owners pretending they are held hostage by a man that they could fire.  

If I was a State grandstanding politician I would be writing the U of State President demanding to know how he voted and how he made his decision.  I guess I'd CC Warren on the email. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It reminds me of the NFL team owners pretending they are held hostage by a man that they could fire.  

If I was a State grandstanding politician I would be writing the U of State President demanding to know how he voted and how he made his decision.  I guess I'd CC Warren on the email. 

I think the politicians of these various states would be better served asking for information directly from the heads of these schools rather than writing a letter to the Big Ten in general.

Most of these schools take state funds. They're answerable to the various state legislatures. Haul 'em in front of a panel and ask them how they voted and why.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1