Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Honestly If I were still coaching I would try and get the team matching neck gaiters, tell them they need to be pulled up on the sidelines and if they slip down when your helmet is on - so be it. Lets play ball.

Prefect. Love it. My kid runs XC. They have matching school neck gaiters. Instead of ‘on your mark-set-bang’ it’s ‘masks off-on your mark-set-bang’ :D

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Not positive news from Wisconsin.

People from Wiscy drink too much. It leads to bad choices. :wasted:cheers

18 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

7 - yes - NU, Iowa, OSU, Ind, Pur, PSU.  Rut? or MN

7 - no - Mich, Mich St, Wiscy, NW, Ill, Mar, MN or Rut?

More speculation.  More uncertainty.  More bad PR for the not-so Big Ten.   ugh.   

Without Wiscy, it looks tough to get to 9.   dam those stinking badgers!   

By the time the court heard the motion, it will be too late to salvage a full season really.  The Yes vote schools must sue Big Ten for damages.   

Rutgers should look at this as doing something positive for the conference. :cowbell:

4 hours ago, nic said:

The players probably don't want masks on while playing. I play basketball each week with local HS teachers and coaches. We played outside most of the summer, but got indoors the other day and were required to wear masks. They were pulled down to get air alot of the time. I can't imagine playing many sports with a mask. 

I'd laugh but our gym makes us wear masks even when running on a treadmill.  It's a mess.

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Why not just start 2020 and 2021 seasons simultaneously?    Season ticket holders can come to Lincoln and see doubleheaders.  Early and late kickoffs or even smarter just play 8 quarter games vs each opponent at one time.  Thats efficiency at its best. Travel cost halved. Testing cut by 50%.  Lock in all day crowds that drink and eat double!   Brilliant - can’t imagine how it wasnt done eons ago.  

They had JV games for a long time.  I think it would be a good show if the scout teams played each other.

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Wisconsin needs to get their crap together.  They need to sell a lot of brats and beers for games or the state economy will tank.  I mean, I will do my part, but my beer comes from Pennsylvania.  

I remember when Iron City Beer was considered a fancy pre-craft brew.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This comes after Franklin said he's received very little communication from the conf. This is gonna snowball for the B1G. 

Guessing he didn't like what he heard on this call. This also says there is a plan for mid-October that I assume isn't being used at the moment.

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yes, I'm guessing the schools that said no are digging their heels in and not allowing that plan to move forward - despite there being a medically approved plan. 

Which makes you wonder if it really is about "safety." I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy, but if other teams are playing safely and your medical committee gave you a safe plan then what else is there holding it up? Your hubris?

• Plus1 2

Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

Which makes you wonder if it really is about "safety." I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy, but if other teams are playing safely and your medical committee gave you a safe plan then what else is there holding it up? Your hubris?

Also Day's response feels like a Hail Mary...like he know's its gonna get voted down. B1G needs to just give the teams wanting to play, their blessing on creating their own schedule. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The council board meeting minutes, voting and actual resolutions adopted (if any), and recorded votes (there are several for sure), and by laws which set forth meeting rules (notices, quorums, attendance, location and times/dates, etc., are all critical to knowing what has and has not been lawfully done by the Big Ten board.  

We don’t know how many votes it will takes to change a decision until we know what exactly happened already.   I have said this multiple times and it is essential to unravel what happened, why and how it may be changed, if at all possible. 

For example, if the Big Ten did formally and correctly voted to cancel fall sports, did it also cancel contracts for bowls, media etc?  If so, did the Big Ten payoff contracts, buyouts, etc already or “settle” disputes with third parties?  How much loss is projected to each school / league?  Will NU be reimbursed for buy outs to non con opponents ?   

What safety protocols and measures were not being followed by whom to cause this?  What really motivated the cancellation?  

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Also Day's response feels like a Hail Mary...like he know's its gonna get voted down. B1G needs to just give the teams wanting to play, their blessing on creating their own schedule. 

Yup, I agree and I think OSU is trying to position themselves to make that happen with lawsuit threats and such.

Oh by the way, the only other college athlete I had heard of having issues with Covid actually doesn't either...

• Thanks 3