Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Also Day's response feels like a Hail Mary...like he know's its gonna get voted down. B1G needs to just give the teams wanting to play, their blessing on creating their own schedule. 

The problem is they have stalled out the clock/calendar to where its all but impossible to schedule a season starting in mid Sept. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The problem is they have stalled out the clock/calendar to where its all but impossible to schedule a season starting in mid Sept. 

My guess is Warren wanted everyone on the same page. It's painfully obvious everyone isn't on the same page. I think the assumption was everyone would be cool playing some half assed dome plan in January. The B1G's read on the situation has been just awful. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

My guess is Warren wanted everyone on the same page. It's painfully obvious everyone isn't on the same page. I think the assumption was everyone would be cool playing some half assed dome plan in January. The B1G's read on the situation has been just awful. 

I am doubtful that those domes would even be available as NFL teams may not want to let others in the day before playoffs etc.  Virus, use and etc could interfere.  

Will NCAA allow spring fb when not all teams are playing?  Rules limit practices etc from playoff final to spring practice starts and only a few weeks of practice is allowed.  Will SEC, Big 12, ACC allow Big Ten to have fall practices and spring too?

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

I am doubtful that those domes would even be available as NFL teams may not want to let others in the day before playoffs etc.  Virus, use and etc could interfere.  

Will NCAA allow spring fb when not all teams are playing?  Rules limit practices etc from playoff final to spring practice starts and only a few weeks of practice is allowed.  Will SEC, Big 12, ACC allow Big Ten to have fall practices and spring too?

Spring seems to be just an awful idea all around. The other conferences are obviously moving forward now. So you have maybe two conferences doing a spring season. It's close to the draft, you would have to play 2 full seasons in 12 months.  

Time for Warren to sack up, hold a vote, if you vote Yes, you're playing. If you vote No, see you fall 2021. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Spring seems to be just an awful idea all around. The other conferences are obviously moving forward now. So you have maybe two conferences doing a spring season. It's close to the draft, you would have to play 2 full seasons in 12 months.  

Time for Warren to sack up, hold a vote, if you vote Yes, you're playing. If you vote No, see you fall 2021. 

I understand the sentiment for allowing teams to opt out of fall fb but it still takes 9 votes for even that.  My hunch is the No voters dont want ANY teams to play.  I am sure they hate the other leagues that are playing.  

Big Ten has always had a holier than thou attitude and the bluest of blue bloods like Mich are leading the cfb ‘protest strike’.  

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Unfortunately, the 9 no voters dont care what coaches think or want.  ADs have no real voice either.  They have been left out all along from reports.  It appears these 9 “know more” than anyone else, medical, administrative or athletic.  They selected a medical ‘expert’ of like mind and choose to ignore any others. There have been many views by many experts with superb credentialing on the virus all along.  But many or most have been ignored or destroyed for offering a different opinion than the chosen ones.  Despite claiming this was a novel (new) virus and little was known, the expert whose opinion most closely matched the audience interests or ideas was crowned supreme over all others.  

We really know a lot by now based on millions of real life experiences across hundreds of populations around the globe.  Some of it is confirmation of early theories, some is not.   

The country has undergone a massive transformation and suffered tremendously both in heath and economic ways.  

But the pandemic is over medically as deaths and serious illness is well below pandemic levels.  Cases mean very little frankly.  It is illness and death that matters and both are minimal.  Soon, herd immunity and therapeutics and maybe an effective vaccine will reduce the Covid 19 China flu to any ugly reminder and hopefully a great instructive lesson in how we respond smartly without self destruction in the process.  

• Thanks 1