The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You should actually care, cause now it gives some conservative state carte Blanche to kick a Democrat nominee for some fringe reason.  It’s bad president. 

Agree which is another reason the ruling was stupid and unnecessary 

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

Legality no longer matters if you don’t like someone. Got it. 

Amazing how people can’t see this terrible for both sides of the coin. 

Unfortunately what is right or wrong, precedent or bad precedent hasn’t seemed to matter in this country for quite awhile. You can thank Trump himself for removing any pretense of decorum. But maybe this will finally force an actual enforceable ruling on whether or not Trump engaged in an insurrection (which I happen to believe he did). My hopes are not high that the current SCOTUS stands a chance of getting it right but maybe, possibly we can get a ruling one way or the other and hopefully put the issue behind us forever. Cuz it looks like karma isn’t going to solve our Trump problem with a bolt of lightning.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s interesting that the Colorado Supreme Court took Trump off the state ballot for something I don’t believe he is charged with not has been convicted for?  

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Yes, exactly. These folks should he held accountable. 

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Trump also has not been convicted. This is an automatic bust. 

The 14th Amendment does not require that Trump has been charged or convicted - only that he "engaged in insurrection against the United States". Colorado 
SC got it right.

But Decked is probably right that the GOP will now attempt to use against their political enemies even though it has a specific application.

• Plus1 1

The problem is more that it can create a "look, THEY are not playing fair and rigging things" card, which as we all know just makes things more annoying.  

I still think that Nikki has a chance to get the R nomination and I THINK that Iowa will show us much more than what the current polls show.

• Plus1 1

I remember when the Republicans were too chicken s#!t of a mean Tweet and voted to acquit Trump of inciting an insurrection, despite what we all saw and heard on Jan 6th, and told the American people to pound sand, the courts can handle it.  Now that the courts are handling it they're like, "nooooooo not like that!!"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

conservative judge Luttig agrees with the Co decision. Good interview explaining the law behind the ruling.  the SC justices who believe in original intent must agree or be proven to be hypocritical in their position.  This was a good day for the Constitution and therefore a good day for democracy. 

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/deadline-legal-blog/trump-14th-amendment-judge-luttig-rcna123336

There's that flaming liberal Democratic operative Luttig again warning us about Trump's threat to democracy. The guy obviously knows nothing about history or the Constitution.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

I remember when the Republicans were too chicken s#!t of a mean Tweet and voted to acquit Trump of inciting an insurrection, despite what we all saw and heard on Jan 6th, and told the American people to pound sand, the courts can handle it.  Now that the courts are handling it they're like, "nooooooo not like that!!"

Both of your parties are the same. b!^@h and moan about the opposition. Rinse, wash, & repeat. 

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

The problem is more that it can create a "look, THEY are not playing fair and rigging things" card, which as we all know just makes things more annoying.  

I still think that Nikki has a chance to get the R nomination and I THINK that Iowa will show us much more than what the current polls show.

I agree.   She has the mojo right now and this Colorado case may cause more to take a look at her.    

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I agree.   She has the mojo right now and this Colorado case may cause more to take a look at her.    

Let's say she does take over Trump and wins the primary.  Will Trump gracefully concede, endorse her, and call on his followers to vote for her?  It's not like his been proven to be a petty narcissist before who's willing to burn it all down when he feels betrayed.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Let's say she does take over Trump and wins the primary.  Will Trump gracefully concede, endorse her, and call on his followers to vote for her?  It's not like his been proven to be a petty narcissist before who's willing to burn it all down when he feels betrayed.  

His response :   RIGGED ELECTION  

He is too big of a narcissist to ever admit defeat.  His fragile, baby like ego cannot take it.  Yet he has all of these MAGA types holding up his childish ego -  since I think most of his supporters have the same deficit - thus they have to support each other while denying the reality that all around them. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

No chance he endorses her.  He is not about the party. He would run as a D if he thought it would get him elected. 

• TBH 3
17 hours ago, commando said:

i watched the lead up to and the actions done on Jan 6.   i agree with the colorado supreme court.

They reasoned this was due to insurrection. Trump is charged with lots of things. Insurrection is not one of them to my knowledge. Do you really want courts deciding who can be on the ballot outside of the rule of law? What the Texas Supreme Court decides to remove Biden from the ballot because of ALLEGED shady business deals? I would vote not to retain those judges ad well. I will be writing down the names of the 4 judges that ruled in favor. And I will vote to not retain them whenever possible. I would do the same in the Texas hypothetical above if given the opportunity. If a candidate screws up getting on the ballot because of procedure, so be it. This is just activism and a very bad precedent for voters. The same folks that pushed this are crying about how Trump will destroy democracy. Well, welcome to the party. I want the opportunity to vote against Trump, not have some court decide for me.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
17 minutes ago, nic said:

They reasoned this was due to insurrection. Trump is charged with lots of things. Insurrection is not one of them to my knowledge. Do you really want courts deciding who can be on the ballot outside of the rule of law? What the Texas Supreme Court decides to remove Biden from the ballot because of ALLEGED shady business deals? I would vote not to retain those judges ad well. I will be writing down the names of the 4 judges that ruled in favor. And I will vote to not retain them whenever possible. I would do the same in the Texas hypothetical above if given the opportunity. If a candidate screws up getting on the ballot because of procedure, so be it. This is just activism and a very bad precedent for voters. The same folks that pushed this are crying about how Trump will destroy democracy. Well, welcome to the party. I want the opportunity to vote against Trump, not have some court decide for me.

the impeachment trial for him concerning jan. 6 was 57 guilty 43 innocent.    they didn't get the 2/3 required to impeach but that is a solid majority.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election