The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Trump is making gains on voters who didn't participate in the 2020 election. There are large numbers of people who tune out politics, Trump is leading in voters who did not vote in the 2020 election by a decent margin. SCOTUS is going to rule against Colorado, so this isn't going to affect him. If anything, once SCOTUS overturns the ruling, Trump will ramp up his "Witch Hunt!" rhetoric as he faces criminal prosecution next year. 

Trump is still a very slight favorite to win next November, although neither candidate is going to be much better then a coin toss on election day.

2020 had the biggest turnout ever, right?

There are not all that many more "new" voters out there.  

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

How is a guy who got record breaking numbers of votes last election with an economy that everyone saying is going fantastic not going to run away with the election easily?  

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How is a guy who got record breaking numbers of votes last election with an economy that everyone saying is going fantastic not going to run away with the election easily?  

Something doesn't make sense, something doesn't add up.  Unless A ton of non-voters decide to go vote and only vote for Trump...which face it, seems unlikely.  

Or if a lot of JB voters decide NOT to vote for him this time even though it will mean a Trump win, which is why so many came out and voted fro JB last time, to make sure Trump did not win.  

None of it makes sense, with that said, the vegas odds are still pretty much even.  

• Plus1 3
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Easy, you have 60-70% of the population that is stuck in party politics that will just alway vote for the guy from their team.  Then, you have people in the middle that still consume crap media that they think is telling them the truth (like Rogan) and sways their views. 

Very few Americans actually pay attention with an open mind. 

Example, I bet most Americans blame Biden for the high gas prices the last few years but don’t take the time to actually study the situation. 

We have a big melting pot of idiot voters.  

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Easy, you have 60-70% of the population that is stuck in party politics that will just alway vote for the guy from their team.  Then, you have people in the middle that still consume crap media that they think is telling them the truth (like Rogan) and sways their views. 

Example, I bet most Americans blame Biden for the high gas prices the last few years but don’t take the time to actually study the situation. 

Why didn’t that happen in 2020 then when Joe got record voters? Same people were in party politics.  I assume they consumed the same crap media.   And more R’s died from Covid from what people say (less voters from that party politic side). Should be a slam dunk for The Big Guy 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why didn’t that happen in 2020 then when Joe got record voters? Same people were in party politics.  I assume they consumed the same crap media.   And more R’s died from Covid from what people say (less voters from that party politic side). Should be a slam dunk for The Big Guy 

In the grand scheme of things, the percentages aren’t that different. And, I think if Biden were 20 years younger, there would be a bigger swing. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

There are millions of voters who did not participate in the 2020 election who tune out politics and only pay attention after a period of inflation. These voters have no idea what Trump says or does, they just know that shredded cheese is 14 cents higher and that's bad.

27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The electoral college. Biden is going to run away with the popular vote, the question is will the margins be enough to win? Biden probably needs to win the popular vote by 4.5% or higher to win the electoral college, a margin of millions of votes.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

There are millions of voters who did not participate in the 2020 election who tune out politics and only pay attention after a period of inflation. These voters have no idea what Trump says or does, they just know that shredded cheese is 14 cents higher and that's bad.

The electoral college. Biden is going to run away with the popular vote, the question is will the margins be enough to win? Biden probably needs to win the popular vote by 4.5% or higher to win the electoral college, a margin of millions of votes.

Electoral college hasn’t changed and he crushed trump in 2020

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Electoral college hasn’t changed and he crushed trump in 2020

Popular vote is meaningless. Biden can win the popular vote by 10 million and still lose the election. It's all about which states he wins, and Dems need to be careful because of this. We all know the red states and blue states.  It'll be once again the battleground states. Wisconsin, Ohio, MIchigan, Florida, Arizona etc. And with the 'Brain Drain' happening in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Indiana those states could start turning red instead of purple. Typically the young/educated group is a left lean and if they are leaving these states to go to California or a traditional blue state, it doesn't help Biden at all, the key then would be is enough of the drainage going to Texas, Florida etc to help recoup some of the lost electoral votes. If enough drainage happens to the Pacific coast and NY from the 'grain belt' area, regardless of the popular vote, Dems may not have enough electoral votes to ever win the presidency.

• TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Well, higher prices are bad.  I think we all agree with that.

I think close to 70% of the voting population voted in 2020.  How many new AND Trump voters would expect compared to new AND JB voters?

Also, how many people that voted for Trump last time won't vote for him?  How many that voted for JB last time won't vote for him?  That clearly favors JB.  

I do not personally know 1 new Trump voter, not one.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the strongest, most free country in the world, this country has helped more people get out of poverty than any other country in the world.  People flock here by the millions.

Ripping on the people of this country is just odd.  

• TBH 3
51 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

People hate their own guy (outside of the braindead Trump Cult) but are scared of the other.  Extreme Left hate JB.  Moderate Right Hate DT.  We are all F'd.

I will vote 3rd party until Trump dies.

Why would D's hate JB?

I guess I know more R's, this board included, that hate Trump.

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election